Chapter 3

Y/n's POV

"Get away! That vampire almost bit you!" Rookery shouted at me.

"Leave him alone!" I shrieked. "Leave me alone!"

I tried to pick the boy up and drag him away as Rookery approached us, but I wasn't strong enough.
I looked up, seeing another boy flying towards us, hissing as he did. I put down the teenager and backed away.

He lifted up the older looking vampire, flying back into the air.

"Wait!" I shouted, running after them. "Please! Take me with you!"

He kept flying away, not even looking back at me.

"Take me with you..." I whimpered, crumbling to my knees. My feet were aching. I began sobbing.

"Y/n." A voice said. I felt a hand on my shoulder. "It's time to come home."

I slapped his hand off.

"I'm never going back there." I said quietly. "I don't want to hurt vampires, Rookery." I said assertively, standing up as I wiped off my tears.

I don't want to go with him. I thought, biting my lip.

—————

Gregory's POV

"What are you doing here?" I asked Rudolph as we flew.

"I followed you. I thought you were heading for trouble, and...I was right." He answered.

"You little idiot." I mumbled, shaking my head. I froze. "The girl. Where's the girl?" I asked him, frowning.

"I left her there." Rudolph said, looking at me curiously. "She was a mortal."

"You idiot!" I gritted my teeth. "She was going to let me..." My words trailed off.

"Bite her?" Rudolph finished. I flinched.

"How much did you see?" I asked, my words leaning more towards demanding rather than asking.

"All of it." He shrugged.

"Tell mother and father about this and you're dead." I threatened.

"I already am." Rudolph teased. I chuckled at his stupidity.

—————

Y/n's POV

Rookery, or, my father, tied me to the back of his vehicle with rope and took my bag. He was following the vampire boys.

This isn't good. I frowned, tugging on the ropes. They were digging into my wrists. I began wiggling my hands, loosening them.

I managed to pull out my pocket knife and cut off the ropes. I rubbed my wrists, which were now bleeding from rope burn.

The car stopped momentarily. I heard Rookery arguing with the ginger boy that was with him, Maney.

Using their bickering to my advantage, I quietly hopped off the back of the vehicle, stabbing multiple holes in the back tires.

This should slow them down. I thought, shoving the knife back into my pocket after closing it. I began running into the trees.

"Y/n!" Rookery shouted angrily from the drivers seat. I saw the direction the boys had flown. Rookery would be distracted by the tires and lose track of them, or so I hoped.

I can help them...I can protect them from Rookery... I thought, panting as I ran. That light...it hurt that vampire...

I recalled the events that took place earlier.

After a few more moments of running, I spotted a giant building. I saw the boys fly into its entrance.

There...!