Chapter 5

Y/n's POV

"Father, let her stay."

I looked up, surprised.

"Gregory..." I whispered. He was standing by my side. He had dark circles around his eyes. "You're hurt. I'm sorry." I said, feeling guilty.

"It's fine." He said, then paused, searching my eyes for something.

"Y/n." I said, smiling softly. "My name is Y/n."

"Y/n." He repeated, smiling. I looked at his parents.

"Rookery depends on his devices and machines. Without them, he can't do anything to you." I said. "You have to destroy them. If anything, I can distract him while you break his gadgets."

"That's...a brilliant idea, mortal." The mother said, seemingly surprised.

"Rudolph, you should see if...Rookery...is...here yet..." Gregory said between breaths. He began to walk forward, but stumbled over. I caught him before he fell.

"Gregory...?" I looked at him, his body limp. His eyes were closed. His parents rushed to his side.

"Gregory!" His mother exclaimed. "Bring him here." She said, leading me to a coffin. A girl came to my side to help me support his weight.

"I'm Anna." She smiled at me as she hovered.

I smiled back as we laid him on top of a coffin.

Rudolph came flying in.

"Rookery is outside. He's sealing us in!" He shouted. I hadn't noticed he left. His parents looked at me.

"I'll take care of Gregory. You should stop Rookery before he hurts any of you more." I said.
Rudolph, his parents, and sister flew out the catacomb, leaving me alone with Gregory.

I looked down at Gregory worriedly.

"Please be okay..." I whispered.