✩pilot - two - grady white✩

✩✩✩

✩✩✩

"Hey Ellie." John B said quietly to me sleeping in my bed. He shook my shoulders. Finally I opened my eyes. After we had seen the boat the night before, we dropped Pope off at his house and went back home and quickly fell asleep. By the time we got there, JJ was already passed out on the pullout couch. Only JJ would be able to fall asleep, alone in a fish shack, in a hurricane.

"What" I groaned as I stretched putting my face into the pillow. I let out a loud sigh after stretching and rubbed my eyes.

"It's time to wake up"

"Yeah yeah yeah" I said as I hopped out of bed. I tried to flip the switch to turn on the ceiling fan, but nothing happened.

"Yep, no power, no service." John B stated with a sigh.

"Great." I stated sarcastically.

We made our way into the living room, where JJ was asleep. He was laying on his stomach with the side of his face crushed into the pillow. His hair was messy. He looked so peaceful as he slept. I couldn't help but smile at the sight.

"Yo JJ," John B said as he lightly slapped his bare back, "you been outside?"

"I have polio bro I can't walk." JJ said in a groggy morning voice as he pushed himself out of his position. I laughed at his actions.

He slumped back down onto the bed as if to go back to sleep. I jumped into him.

"Get up blondie"

He groaned as I layed on his back. "Get off" he groaned as he tried to squirm out from under me. " You weigh like a thousand pounds."
He managed to flip around so I was now on his stomach instead of his back. He grabbed my waist and lifted my off of him, before tossing me onto the floor.

"Dickhead" I muttered with a laugh as I stood up from the floor. I walked into the kitchen over to the fridge and grabbed two beers. I tossed one to JJ and he thanked me. We made our way out to the porch. I leaned against the railing as JJ leaned against the post.

The yard was a mess. A tree uprooted itself due to the Hurricane and there were branches and leaves strewn out through the yard. I whistled at the sight.

"Agatha did some work huh?" JJ shouted over to John B who was next to the HMS Pogue cleaning out branches.

"Yeah she did." John B hollered back.

My eyes traveled beyond the yard to the water. Trash. Kie was going to through a fit about this.

"We'll be trying to clean this place back up a long time" I sighed. JJ burped next fo be before pushing himself off the post and walking towards John B who was still throwing branches out of the small boat.

"Watcha thinking." JJ asked John B

"I'm thinking that storm surge pushed all of the crabs out of the marsh maze. All those drum are gonna chase the crab." John B replied as he climbed into the boat and threw more branched out.