✩pilot - four - your move broski✩

✩✩✩

✩✩✩

"Okay. So, um... we didn't see anything." Pope panicked bursting through the door on the porch.
We were now all back at the Château. Kie was sitting on the couch, me and JJ in the chairs on the other side, and John B near the door on another chair. JJ was flipping his lighter next to me as I sipped on my beer.
"We need to have total and complete amnesia" Pope continued, pointing at all of us and sitting down on the coach next to kie.

"Actually, Pope's right for once." JJ agreed. He stood up and walked to the railing, "See I agree with you sometimes. Deny. Deny. Deny."

"Guys we can't keep that money." Kiara said her voice full of worry and empathy.

"Not all of us can afford unlimited data plans Kiara." JJ sighed. I shot him a glare and he shut up.

"We have to pass that off to Lana Grubbs, otherwise it's bad karma." Kie retorted. On one hand, I felt for Lana. Scooter was all she had and now he's dead. She needs the money. But I'm the other hand...
I need money.

"Bad karma to be implicated in a felony too." Pope empathizing the word felony.

"Only a felony if we get caught" I stated and JJ pointed at me in agreement.

"We gotta go dark." Pope concluded.

"If that means we get to keep the money, then I agree." JJ replied walking over to John B and leaning against the railing beside him look outside.

"I don't agree." John B stated turning to JJ.

"What?" I said confused
"Why?" JJ asked, also confused.

"Just think about it." John B said walking to the middle of the porch and turning to the rest of us.
"This is Scooter Grubbs we're talking about. Alright? Same dude who's buying individual cigarettes at the Porthole. Shit, one time I saw this dude begging for change in the Save-A-Lot parking lot cause he needed gas! We're talking about, a dirtbag marina day who's never had more than 40 buck in his pocket and all the sudden he has a Grady-White? Just saying." He shrugged as he finished his speech.

We walked out to the deck to start fishing where we continued our conversation about the money. John B and Kiara were sitting on the railing as JJ and Pope fished off it. I was sitting on the deck with my arms resting on the railing in front of my head and my feet hanging off the deck above the water.

"So think about it, Pope. How does a marina rat get a Grady-White."

Pope inhaled before letting out a breath. "Prostitution." he said bluntly.

"Square Groupers bro. Okay? Flying under the radar. No surveillance. They don't do that stuff during a hurricane." John B corrected. "What does that mean? JJ?"

"They were straight smuggling." JJ replied keeping his eye on his pole.

"Smuggling. And I guarantee that there is a serious amount of contraband in that wreck."