✩the forbidden zone - twelve - stay off figure eight✩

✩✩✩

"Wait what's this?" I asked Pope pinging to the controls. We were texting the drone out under the water. Me pope and JJ were on the deck looking at the monitor. John B and Kie were in the water making sure the drone could see. John B was in front of the camera pretending to brush his teeth with his fingers.

Pope slapped my hand away. JJ walked to us and started to try and touch the controls.
"What's this right here?"

"Don't touch that." Pope scolded. "Trying to learn how to drive this thing."

We watched as Kie and John B were swimming underwater.

"God bless geeks Pope." JJ stated. "Truly man."

I walked away from the two boys and leaned against the railing of the deck looking into the water as Kie and John B came to the surface.

"What would we do without you to control the drone." JJ said to Pope as he leaned against the railing next to me.

"Well technically it's not a drone. It's an ROV-" Pope corrected.

"Shut up." Me and JJ said at the same time.

"It's too early for that." JJ sighed.

"Hey look once we get the footage of the wreck, we'll bring it to a lawyer in town, and file a former claim." John B stated from the water.

"It's such bullshit that we have to do that." JJ complained.

"Well there is maritime salvage law." Pope concluded as he leaned against the railing on the other side of me. "We can't just go to the ocean floor and scoop a bunch of stuff up."

"I know I know it's just-" JJ started.

"Lawyers aren't cheap guys." I sighed.

"Well as soon as they see the footage, they'll work for a comp." John B stated.

"How do you know all that?" Kiara asked.

"Cause my dad said it like a million times."

"Yeah that's fair." Kiara sighed as she swam over to the ladder.

"The tether is like really long. In the wrong weather it could get pushed around." Pope observed.

"Then we'll go at dead calm." John B stated.

"At slack tide?" Kiara asked from the ladder.

"So now we just gotta wait around for the right weather." Pope said. "And today is not that day."

I looked up at the sky. It was cloudy and there was a low rumble of thunder from the clouds.

As we all went out separate ways, I walked up to JJ and Pope. I wrapped my arms around each of their shoulders and continued walking.

"So. What are you boys up to today?"

"Grocery deliveries for my dad." Pope answered.

"Figure Eight?" I asked.

"Yup." JJ sighed.

"Let's go." I said with fake enthusiasm. The only reason I'm doing this is because rich people too pretty well. And I'll take the money gladly.

✩✩✩

"You guys get these groceries over to Figure Eight." Heyward stated as he handed us bags of groceries to load on the boat. "You come straight back here when you're done."

"No fishing." He said pointing at the three of us. "I promised delivery by this afternoon."

"Rich folks don't wanna wait for you lazy sons a- Oh JJ thank you." He said as JJ held his hands out for groceries. "Sons a bitches."