✩the lucky compass - nine - voi effing lá✩

✩✩✩

✩✩✩

We got out of the van and looked up at the lighthouse. On our way here we passed a sign that said it was closed due to the storm but that's never stopped us before.

"Alright here's whats gonna happen. Your gonna post up and watch out for Bogey's okay?" John B stated pointing at JJ.

"Wait. Why me." JJ said offended.

"Cause you're not coming." Pope replied.

"Why?"

"Look JJ there are independent variables and dependent variables. You're an independent variable." Pope reasoned

"What does that even mean?" I said confused

"We don't know what you'll do." Pope answered.

"Shut up Pope! Just shut up!" JJ and Pope started yelling at eachother and JJ pointed his finger at Pope.

"Just listen to me for a second! Just listen" John B stopped them. "Pope you stay on look out with JJ. Okay? If we get split up we meet back at JJ's house"

"Great." Kiara said. I started to walk away with them but John B stopped me.

"You're not going either."

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You are also an independent variable." Pope said. I flipped him off. I looked up at the lighthouse seeing how high up it is. Knowing me I'd probably accidentally push one of them off or myself. I sighed in defeat.

"Fine." The other two walked towards the lighthouse.

"I'm gonna work on my merit scholarship essay. And I'm tryna keep felonies down to a minimum." Pope said to me and JJ.

"Alright will you just shut up already." JJ said as he kicked around a hanky sack.

As he continued to kick the hacky sack, I ran up to him and stole it. He looked at me and did a fake gasp.

"E, that is mine."

"Take it." I teased as I held it behind my back.

He lunged at me and I ran the opposite way. He eventually caught up to me and grabbed my waist and pulled me to the ground. I started laughing as we wrestled eachother for the toy. He eventually got on top of me and pinned my hands to the ground.

We locked eyes and both of our laughs stopped. We just looked at eachother. I felt myself blush as I realized how close we were. His eyes went to my lips and back to my eyes. I did the same for him.

My brain was going insane. I didn't know how to proceed. I was frozen. My skin was on fire and my stomach was erupting with butterflies. I had never felt this way before.