✩the lucky compass - seven - burly✩

✩✩✩

✩✩✩

"DCS! I know you're in there!" there was a ponding on the door. I shot up from my spot in the kitchen and looked over to John B who was slowly sitting up on the couch. My eyes were wide and John B was confused.

Suddenly, JJ pounced onto the window, scaring us both. He started bursting out laughing.

"Gotcha slick!" he said laughing as he knocked on the window. "You should've saw your face- Your face was like."

I rolled my eyes at the boy before going into my room and changing into a cropped black tank top and white Nike shorts. I put on my dirty white converse and brushed out my tangled hair. The three of us got into the Twinkie and drove off.

✩✩✩

"I'm just saying like I don't understand why you don't at least try with Kiara? She clearly likes you." JJ antagonized John B. We were driving down a dirt road John B in the front driving, JJ in the passenger seat, and me laying down across the back seats.

"She's like, 'Oh John B!'" JJ moaned. I snorted at his impression.

"Is that what she does?" John B asked clearly annoyed.

"She's sketching about you diving, and then she kissed you bro!" JJ exclaimed.

"She kissed me, on the cheek." John B corrected. "It's not like we were making out or something."

"Low hanging fruit bro. Don't pretend that you don't notice. I see it in your eyes your like 'I kinda like that' and you start blushing and shit." JJ continued.

"I blush?" John B asked.

"John B you blush. Alot." I laughed.

"Yeah." JJ agreed.

"Kinda like how you blush when Ellie flirts with you? Or how Ellie blushes when you flirt with her." John B asked with a smirk. I furrowed my eyebrows and felt a blush creep onto my face. I tried to hide it. JJ glanced back at me and then back to John B.

"This isn't about me." He smirked when he saw the blush on my face. He reached for the compass.

"Hey dont-" John B said trying to grab the compass out of JJ's hands.

"I was just looking at it." JJ argued as he pushed John B off of him. I laughed at the two boys who still fought the same way they did when I met them.

"I gotta admit. Your father's compass in Scooter's boat...that's freaky." JJ said as he examined the compass in his hands.