Ch. 8

If you asked different people to describe the word 'fear' using their own words you would get multiple answers.

Some people might say spiders, or even heights. The typical answer would be the dark, or losing someone you love.

My answer? Depending on when you asked me, you would receive different answers.

If you were to ask me a year ago, it would have been to lose Collin.

Now?

Now my answer would be of Salix.

Fear pulsates through my body as I'm shoved through Salixs door. I whimper softly as I fall down onto the cold, hard floor.

I scoot my back up against the wall, holding my knees in between my arms and looking up at Salix.

"Please don't kill me." I whisper, bringing my eyes up to meet his as he stands tall in front of me. He crosses his arms and places one hand on his chin as if he's trying to think of something.

He takes a breath and crouches down to be at eye level with me.

He grabs a fist full of my hair and forces my head back onto the wall. Bringing his face close to my ear, he whispers darkly, "I'm not going to kill you, but I should."

He leans away from my face slightly, still remaining eye contact though.

"What's my name?" He asks.

I blink tears away and look at him questioningly. "What?" I ask, sniffling.

He tugs my hair rougher, tilting my head back to expose my neck. He brings his mouth and presses against my jaw, "What is my name?" He repeats, grabbing my neck with his free hand and squeezing tightly.

I grab his hand in attempt to push them off but he doesn't budge.

"Salix!" I cough out, squeezing my eyes shut, attempting to breathe.

His grip leaves my neck and I instantly breathe in sharply, places my hands on my own throat.

"Remember that. Remember my name and remember my hand, do you hear me? I have all the power to kill you right right now." He mumbles lowly.

I silently nod, earning me a stern look and a strong grip on my chin, causing me to open my eyes and look down, avoiding eye contact. "Yes Salix." I whisper.

He hums with approval and let's go of my hair and replacing his grip instead on my arm, jerking me up on my feet.

"Are you going to hurt me?" I ask, keeping my gaze at the floor.

He gently places a finger underneath my chin and lifts my head, giving me no other option than to look into his dark eyes.

"I don't know.." he breathes out. "I'm not used to dealing with disobedience." He whispers.

I swallow and part my lips slightly, "I won't do it again." I respond nervously.

He lets out a breathy laugh, "trust me, I know you won't."