Ch. 12

Caught up: Chapter 12
It happened quickly. One minute I was in the backseat of Salix's car, and the next I'm hunched over the bathroom toilet.

I knew drinking was a bad idea, in fact, I've never even been drunk before tonight. It is definitely not a feeling I want to feel again.

The room was spinning and I felt my stomach curl up. I feel a pair of hands grab my hair and pull it back gently. "Next time at least.. I don't know.. try to listen?" Salix says, following it with a sigh.

I cough and turn around to glare at him, "I'm not in the mood for one of your lectures right now." I groan out, flushing the toilet.

Salix grabs my hand to help me up, but I push his hand away, "I got it." I murmur, struggling to lift myself up. I hear a chuckle behind me, resulting in me getting pissed off.

"What is so funny?" I snap, only earning me more laugher. "Nothing at all." He snickers, holding his hand out for me to take. I eventually give in and hold onto to it. He tugs me up and grabs me by my waist for support.

"You should rest." He says in a low voice.

I can't tell whether it's my drunken thoughts or if I'm just crazy, but I never really acknowledged how attractive his voice was until now.

I shake my head and subside the thought instantly.

I'm crazy.

"I'm not that tired." I say, "plus it's not even that late." I finish, glancing over towards the clock that flashes 7:30 pm.

He chuckles deeply and shakes his head, "you're very stubborn, you know that?"

I shrug and rest my head on his shoulder drowsily as he helps me to the living room. Once there, he lets go of my waist and helps me sit down. Drinking is a definite no go for me.

"Thank you." I murmur and I hear him firmly clap his hands together once, "so you can say thank you! I was beginning to think it wasn't in your vocabulary." He exclaims.

I roll my eyes towards him and let out a breathy laugh. I'm not sure if it was the alcohol overriding my system, or if I was just simply curious, but I found myself pressing my lips together to ask a question.

"Who are you?"

He gives me a look as if I was speaking pure Gibberish. "I'm.. salix?" He answers in a bemused tone. I roll my eyes and look up at him.

"No, not your name stupid. Your life.. family." I speak. "What was your childhood like?"

shaking his head and avoiding the question, He sits down next to me only putting a centimeter of space between us. "How about you tell me about your childhood." He suggests.

I shrug, "look on the news.. I'm sure my entire life is just documented." I mutter. He chuckles, "trust me, I've done plenty of research on you. The media is a lie. It portrays you in a way that you're not."

"Okay anonymous." I laugh, tilting my head at him and grinning.

For a slight moment, just a second, he lets loose and smiles at me. Although it's not much, it's more than the usual cold, bitter persona he always has on.

The room fills with a comforting silence. With the time I've been here, I can say it's rare for the quiet to be a gesture of safety, and not awkwardness or danger.

We look at eachother and just sit in silence. I notice his deep brown eyes shine passionately. Although he hasn't said a word, I can tell he holds a troubled story behind them.

"Why do you care?" I question, causing him to lean back into the chair, slugging his shoulder slightly.

"I don't." He declares, clenching his jaw and adverts his eyes in the opposite direction. I scoff, "Salix I'm drunk.. I probably won't even remember this tomorrow." I state, urging him to tell me.

He parts his lips slightly as if he's going to say something, but sighs and just shakes his head.

"Come on, You have nothing to lose." I Say, causing him to stare at me and let out a hard breath, sounding as if he's been holding it in.

"I'm not a monster, Bella. I'm human, I still feel. What other answer do you want?" He questions and I just softly shrug.

I know there's more to it, and as much as I want to push for answers I don't. Instead I change the topic by answering his previous question.

"The media shows you how and when my mother died. But, what it doesn't show? It doesn't show you the years of suffering and torture my father and I put ourselves through. It doesn't show the women he would bring home at 2 am after staying out all night just to numb his depression just for a minute. It doesn't show you how I would keep myself together during the day just to quietly sob into my pillow at night, praying to god my father didn't hear me because I didn't want to cause him anymore pain." I trail off.

Whether it's my drunk mind controlling me to say these things or not, it felt nice to get everything off from my chest.

I look over to Salix who's eyes are set on mine, giving me a look of sympathy. Nothing is said, instead he just tilts his head at me.

Normally when you tell someone something dark and sad, they offer a hug or some type of touch as a sorrowful gesture. I never really liked that, so the silence is more comforting.

I've never seen this side of Salix, and I'm sure it will disappear as quick as it appeared. However, it's enough for now. Honestly, I probably won't even remember this.

He lets out a sigh, his emotionless look painted back onto his face. "I'm going to sleep. I have to make a video tomorrow..you should get some sleep too." He murmurs.

I sigh and nod, resting my entire body on the couch once he gets up. He eyes me in confusion, "are you sleeping in here?" He questions. I groan and shoo him off with my hand.

"Okay.. uh, I know you probably don't need to hear this but the front door is locked. You can't get ou-" I cut him off with a groan of frustration. "Goodnight Salix." I murmur. He chuckles softly and whispers before walking off, "good night, Bella."
-

2 chapter in one day- I'm pleasantly surprised with myself.

ALSO- I need a new cover for this book and I'm honestly terrible so if any of you knows how to, please send me some (I'll credit you)