Ch. 14

Okay but- before I start I want to thank @BARBZEMPIRE for the amazing book cover. It looks like a legit cover you would see on an actual book and it is so STUNNING.

Caught Up: Chapter 14
I tap my foot on the floor as I impatiently wait for Salix to finish up on his computer.

I hear him mumble quietly to himself, "just one more click.. and.. posted." He pushes his chair back and stands up from it. I uncross my arms and raise one eyebrow up at him, "Can I call Collin now?" I question.

I'm usually a pretty patient person, but the thought of Collin scared and clueless causes me to shake my leg impatiently. It has been almost two weeks, and no one has heard from me. I begin to wonder if people really care other than the brainwashed people that worship my dad.

He lets a soft chuckle escape his lips and walks past me, "Yeah, follow me."

I instinctively follow behind him as he walks through the halls and into a dark room.

He switches on the light revealing a lounge-like area. He opens a drawer and pulls out an old, black burner phone.

It's been ages since I've seen a phone like that. Nostalgic feels from my childhood reoccurs to me, making me remember my first phone. I hated texting on that thing, but I was happy none-the-less.

I bite my lip and stand nervously. Salix looks down at me and hands me the phone. However, he keeps a hold on it and both of our hands are placed on both ends of the phone.

"Don't tell him any names you've learned, okay?" He says. I roll my eyes and take the phone with ease once he releases his grip. "I won't." I state.

I dial Collins number in and close my eyes, silently hoping he answers.

He could be busy, or not even have his phone on him. Salix probably won't give me another chance to call hi-

My thoughts are interrupted by a comforting, and familiar voice.

"Hello?"

I instantly relax my tense shoulders and let out a breath of relief.

"Collin, it's me. Bella." I state. I hear the sound of movement coming from the phone. After a few seconds Collin speaks up again.

"Girl where the hell are you? I've worried my ass off!" He exclaims. I let out a helpless laugh, all though it was not humorous at all.

"I'm safe... I think." I murmur the last part. I look towards Salix and he nods.

"You're on the news everywhere. People are freaking out- your dad is freaking out."

I advert my eyes towards Salix and notice he has a smirk plastered upon his face. I'm assuming he can hear everything Collin is saying.

"I can't really explain anything right now, it's complicated." I mumble.

"there are so many theories. Some people are saying that you ran away because of your dad and other are saying you was kidnapped. Can you at least tell me where you are?" He asks, worry evident in his voice.

I let out a sigh and close my eyes, "I.. I don't even know where I am at, Collin. Just- I'm safe okay?" I reassure him.

I hear a long breath from the other side of the phone, "Promise?" He questions and I look over towards Salix in a silent attempt for him to confirm that I'm being truthful. That I truly am safe.