4. FALLACIOUS FEARS.

Arnav settled on a couch , facing Aakash and Payal. The awkwardness in the air didn't go unnoticed by either of them .

"I'm really sorry guys , I really am . " said Arnav breaking the ice. He still couldn't meet their eyes.

" We know you're sorry Bhai , we know you're repenting .But the gravity of your actions has affected Khushiji the most and we're worried about her " said Aakash looking sadly at his wife.

"Arnavji ? What is the CONTRACT ?" asked Payal , getting straight to the point . Aakash took his wife's hand in his sensing her mental turmoil .

Arnav visibly flinched at the mention of the contract . He gulped hard before he spoke " There isn't any contract . We signed legal Marriage papers . I..." he took a deep breath " I'd planned on handing a divorce at the end of 6 months " his voice quivered .

Payal gasped . Aakash looked on without any emotion .

"Aakash , Payal , I don't know whether you guys would believe me , but I have to say this . I LOVE HER. I always have . I have never been able to come in terms with these feelings because they scared me . I ran away from what she made me feel . I'd doubted her , not because I didn't trust her but because I didn't trust myself , my feelings for her . Every time I'd hurt her in the past , was because my thick head couldn't accept with what my heart felt . But , I'm no longer going to hide away behind my fears and inhibitions . I don't know if I deserve someone like her , but I'm going to try to be worthy of her love ." he told them , trying hard to maintain a neutral tone .

The room filled with eerie silence.

Aakash was quite astonished to see his Bhai baring his heart out . He knew that the pain of the past still haunted his Bhai . He'd thought it had made him stronger but he realized that it had made him weak. His Bhai , couldn't accept himself falling in love . It made Aakash feel bad for him . He had embraced it graciously when he'd fallen in love with Payal . It had been one of the best feelings ever. He was delighted that atleast now his Bhai had learnt to embrace his feelings.

Payal had never seen her Jethji like this,she hadn't missed the sincerity in his eyes , in his words. Agony , pain, regret, helplessness and LOVE were all etched on his face.She knew Khushi loved him too . Their love had been put to test and she knew that both Arnavji and Khushi wouldn't accept defeat without a fight. And , if they succeeded , they'd be inseparable . She could picture Khushi and Arnavji as a happy couple . She smiled a little at that .

" Once Khushi had told me that she'd had been foolish to think that Rajkumars from Fairy tales existed in the real world . She had sounded so unlike herself . Taken aback , I had asked her why she'd thought that .Do you know what she'd said? " Payal said reminiscing that moment .

Aakash and Arnav looked at her intently .

"She'd said in the real world , her Rajkumar was very short tempered and anger prone . That moment I'd realized she was referring to Arnavji " Payal said smiling .

She turned to Arnav " She'd seen her Rajkumar of Dreams in you once . I really hope she does once again. " she said softly.

Arnav Singh Raizada would've laughed , if anyone had told him something like that a year ago. But he understood what Payal meant now. In that little incident that she'd shared , Payal had hinted Khushi's feelings for him once again. It gave him a reality check on how hard he had to work .

" I hope so too.. " he said like he was reassuring Payal.

" Bhai ! Shyam ? " Aakash pondered . Payal cringed at the mention of the vile creature.