21. SPARKED SERENITY.

The shimmering little gold and silver stars and the gentle ring of the chimes failed miserably in their attempts to lull Khushi to sleep for Khushi's thoughts were only on the man peacefully dozing beside her and the gentle pressure of his palm against hers.

She had once thought, that this man didn't know what love was and he wasn't capable of loving. But today, she'd gotten to know he feared love and fled away from it. She knew for someone like him, to give in to his vulnerability, to lay down his past before her, and to confess his love for her was far from easy. But, he'd done it all and done it because of her, for her. He'd let her into the deepest, darkest corner of his heart which held his real self. Khushi couldn't ask for more. The man who'd given her pain was now giving her all that she ever wanted- love.

She knew well that both of them had been tested cruelly to get to this point and more trials awaited their way. But, something told her that, he wouldn't ever let his fears take over who he was.

She closed her eyes, silently asking her Devi Maiyya to stand by her, through whatever that was to happen. She was well aware that the world was unfair and people usually never got what they truly deserved. They got what they got and she believed that the very strength to live through it came from her Devi Maiyya.

She turned to face her husband. Her lips lifted up into a curve. "He doesn't resemble a Laad Governor at all whilst asleep." she whispered as her eyes finally gave in to her fatigue.

**************************************

Next morning, after the breakfast , Khushi worked on the menu she was to cater that afternoon. As she arranged and organised to prepare the meal, she felt someone's presence behind her. Startled, she turned around in a jolt.

"Relax, it's only me." Arnav calmed her.

"Didn't you leave?" she asked still in a state of shock.

"I was about to, but, I forgot I had to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"Come a bit earlier to deliver the lunches today and yes, don't pack mine." He said.

"But Why?" She asked, finding his command odd.

"You will find out."

"If you don't tell me the reason, I won't do as you say." Khushi retorted.

Arnav held her hand, tugging her towards him.

"Aren't you getting a little too feisty nowadays?" He whispered huskily into her ear.

"N..No..not at all." she said, failing terribly to hide her apprehension.

"Good. Then I guess I'll see you at the office." He told as he left his hold on her.

"Laad Governor!" she retaliated.

"Call me whatever you want. But, be there at AR." Saying that, he left not before winking at her.

"Don't know what that Laad Governor is up to now." she muttered to herself.

"Erhm..Ehm..Shouldn't you be working a little quicker today instead of talking to yourself?" came her sister's mockery laced voice.

"Jiji...Don't get started." Khushi huffed.

"How can I not Khushi? I'm having immense fun teasing you."

"JIJI!!"

"Okay fine. But Khushi, to tell the truth, I can see the progress between you and Arnavji and it makes me very happy." Payal said, lovingly cupping her baby sister's cheek.

Khushi smiled at her sister. "I'm happy too, Jiji."

"Then that's all I need- Khushi's khushi. Now come on, let me help you."