22. PELLUCID PERCEPTIONS.

Breathless and light headed after her first ever kiss, Khushi leaned into her husband's shoulder, as if, it would help her disappear. All the fluttering she felt inside her, made her want to disappear. The feeling only intensified as she felt his fingers rake down the length of her hair.

Arnav knew that the two of them had a strong undeniable pull towards each other ever since and having succumbed to it not seconds ago, had only left him wanting for more. But, he held himself back not wanting to overwhelm her. She deserved that space and time to ease in with him and he was sure to never make her feel uncomfortable.

Flushed, Khushi hesitantly stepped away a little, looking at hundred different directions within a minute. The rosy hue of the early evening sky matched with the tint of her cheeks.

Arnav gently cupped the side of her face and traced his thumb over her cheekbone. "We should leave now." he told in that voice of his, that made her tummy drop to her knees.

"Hmm." was all she could say.

Leading her up to the car, he guided her into the seat and quickly got in himself. Khushi was unusually silent, fiddling with her new ring, as they travelled. In reality, she was trying hard to bite in the irresistible urge to hum. One of her favourites, Salman Khan's Pehla Pehla Pyaar hai had started playing on repeat mode in her head, out of the blue.

"What happened? This is happening Pehli baar (for the first time.) You being so quiet." Arnav asked her casually.

Khushi's eyes grew wide in shock. She was trying hard to forget the song and he was using the words of its lyrics.

"What happened, Khushi?" He asked again, receiving no reply from her.

"Pehli baar.." she mumbled to herself.

"Huh?.." Arnav asked as she sounded muddled.

"Woh..Nothing.. I was..I was thinking..yes thinking... we didn't inform anyone...They would be worried.." She somehow managed to cook up something that didn't involve the song.

"They know. I texted Di and Aakash." He replied cooly.

Khushi turned, staring wide eyed at him. If he'd informed the family, then it meant when they would reach home, they were in for numerous teasing spells. Di and her Jiji, had seem to have made it their entertainment.

"Khushi... The last time when travelled on this road, you couldn't keep your mouth shut for even a minute. Why are you sitting mum now." told Arnav, with a slight taunt lacing in his voice. His famous grin was already starting to form.

"Don't even talk about last time Arnavji.. My fate that day was horrible. First, I got trapped in your boot, then the car stopped because of my stupidity, then I fell into a pit and then my dress got stolen and then..ughh...All this happens..."

"Only with you...I know. It's like you have the ability to attract problems." Arnav said, as he recalled those moments.

"Haww..Aap..How can you say that?" Khushi asked offended.

"Hey! It's the truth, even you can't deny it."

"Okay accepted, but you can't just say that to my face." she put forward a baseless argument.

"Actually, I can say that." he replied cockily earning a glare from her.

"In that case, keep saying whatever you want. I won't reply or rather I won't talk to you at all."

Arnav laughed. "Khushi, that is almost impossible for you."

Sticking to her words, she didn't reply.