27. UNPLANNED UTTERANCES.

The rays of an early morning sun, sieved its way through the curtains of the french windows, awakening Khushi.

Blinking to accommodate to the soft brightness, she turned to face the man who'd turned her world around. Careful not to wake him, she untwined her fingers from his hold.

Propping over her now free arm, she decided to drink in the features of her dozing husband. Her lips immediately curved into a crescent of a smile.

A year ago, after her very first encounter with this man, she'd vowed to hate him. For, at that time, he was nothing but a monster to her. The more they'd met, more grew her hate. Hate for his temper, his arrogance. But, her tender heart had seen beneath his facade. It'd confused her everytime, how his eyes strongly conveyed, that he was far more than the adamant, angry young man. She'd somehow got access to his vulnerability, his softness and by that time her heart had started speeding for him.

It had taken time and various trials for her to finally accept her feelings for him. She was feeling all that she'd only seen movies or read in books.

Alas! fate had decided to play its fickle dirty game. An unseen disaster had happened. Her dreams of a wedding, a loving partner had shattered overnight. He'd become a monster again and she was left stranded again.

But again, that had changed. A relationship which had begun on the basis of hate, mistrust and misunderstanding was shaping up into beautiful journey. A journey, that she was looking forward to.

Did that mean that she'd forgiven him for his deeds. She had. Not because, she loved him, but because, he'd had earned her forgiveness; he'd stayed true to his promise to make amends, promise to give her everything she deserved, promise to replace every bitter memory, promise to love her unconditionally; most importantly, he'd shown her, what she meant to him.

Thats why she'd forgiven him for his actions and now, she was willing to forget all those actions. She was willing to do so, because she was ardently anticipating her life with him. In other words her happily ever after with him.

On a finer note, she was content. As an adopted child, a little part of her always felt a lack in the sense of belonging. A hollow feeling that always reminded her of what she'd lost. Not to forget those numerous taunts she'd received for being orphaned. But, none of that seemed to exist now. The hollowness had vanished and she finally felt at home.

And so, she was content. Content and in love. God! Did she love this man!

Flutters erupted within her at that thought.

"What are you waiting for then? Confess already!" Her mind and heart screamed. Khushi couldn't agree any lesser.

Infact, it was time. She'd had her feelings locked for too long now. Plus, they were also growing closer physically. As much as intimacy intimidated her, she couldn't deny that she enjoyed the jitters that came along with it.

Even Khushi couldn't believe that she was finally planning to bare her heart to her Laad Governor, her Arnavji.

"How much longer do you plan on watching me sleep? I can pretend to be asleep as long as you want." Arnav casually commented, opening only one of his eyes.

Khushi's eyes almost popped out of their sockets on hearing his voice.

"Y..You're awake..?!"

"I am and I can pretend to sleep and you can stare all you want." He offered again, winding an arm around her waist and pulling her closer.

"N..nahi... I.. I wasn't staring.. Kuch bhi.. Can you hear it? yes, the phone.. my phone is ringing..." Khushi tried to deflect as she reached for her phone.