18. MELLOW MOMENTS.

The bleat of Lakshmi, broke Arnav and Khushi's little moment. Arnav inhaled sharply. Staying away from Khushi, especially when so close to her was a herculean task in itself.

Khushi, who was now flushed, looked everywhere but at her husband. "I... I'll go join Jiji and Di."she said, getting hold of Lakshmi.

"I'll be there in a while." said Arnav.

Khushi nodded at him, before leaving. She saw Di and her Jiji were now seated in the living room. As Payal saw Khushi coming, she held out an old photo to Anjali.

"Di, This was what I was talking about. Just look at her." Payal told stressing on each word.

"O..Oh my God...Payalji!! Is that Khushiji covered in leaves.!?" Anjali almost chortled.

Khushi realized what was going on."JIJI!!!" she cried as she reached for the photo.

Payal let out a laugh and stood up, distancing the photo away from her sister.

"Give it back. Jiji!"

"Come get it, Khushi." she said holding it towards Khushi and pulling back as Khushi reached for it.

Anjali laughed as Payal and Khushi fought over the picture. She didn't know that Payal had this side to her.

"Holding it up is of no use Jiji. I'm taller than you." Khushi said gleefully as she finally got her hand on the picture. Khushi held it up, as her Jiji now frowning, tried to get it.

"And, I am taller than you." said a voice behind Khushi, as she felt the photo slip away from her fingers.

She turned with a jerk as she saw the owner of the voice. "Arnavji!! What are doing? Give it back.." Khushi was now standing on her toes, both her hands high up in the air. Arnav's one hand was enough to catch both of hers in a tight hold as he inspected the picture.

"Arnav ji!!." Khushi fiddled to free herself. "D..Di.., J..Jiji.." she mumbled, her eyes seeking for their help. The two of them didn't budge, but sat enjoying the scene before them.

"I agree that I do know a lot about plants but I'm not sure what kind of plant you were trying to be." Arnav said trying his best not to laugh at the picture of a young Khushi dressed in brown and wearing a headgear with all sorts of leaves fanning from it. Another mane of leaves surrounded her face, which carried her usual 'not so pleased' pout.

"Arnav ji.." Khushi sulked as she finally succeeded in freeing herself.

"Payal.. Can I have this photo?" Arnav asked.

"NO" Khushi shouted.

"You needn't even ask Arnavji." Payal replied, happily ignoring her sister's scowl.

Arnav simply muttered a thank you and took the photo along with him, grinning sneakily at his wife. Khushi who'd been able to do nothing about it passed a glare at her sister before mouthing something about taking revenge. Anjali sat savouring the moment with her woes forgotten.

**************************************

Everybody, except Shyam had returned back and were now gathered in the living room listening to Mami talk about her visit to her friend's. Mama and Nani simply rolled their eyes at her animatedness.

Aakash who'd already been drained by NK, pleaded Arnav with his eyes to exempt him. Arnav catching his cue, said. "Aakash can you come with me?"

Aakash relieved, happily followed Arnav to the study. Anjali frowned at the retreating figures of her workaholic brothers.

Nani,on noticing Anjali asked her "Where is Damaadji Bitiya? Is he resting?"

"No Nani. He has gone to meet his friend, who needed his help." Anjali said smiling. Nani nodded, while Mami looked on examining Anjali's expression.