24- Eye Opening

All of the Shadowhunters, plus Magnus and Simon (who had come round to see Clary), looked at each other, wary looks plastered on each of their faces.

It was Jace who broke the silence first. 

"So... obviously we can't all go... so whose staying here with Magnus?"

"You are." Magnus replied, blue sparks floating around his fingers, "Need I remind you, Blondie, that I promised the Inquisitor that you would stay under house arrest here? And I really don't think its wise for me to get on her bad side..."

Jace threw his arms up in the air, seeming rather affronted by this idea, "But I was specifically the one that was summoned! If I don't show up, the Seelie Queen will throw a fit."

Ethan leaned closer to Alec and whispered in his ear.

"Does the Seelie Queen have that much of a temper, Al?"

"Oh yes," Alec whispered back, leaning in closer to Ethan, "it isn't wise to get on her wrong side. She can make you pay"

Ethan gulped audibly and moved away from Alec to sit by the side of Jace, much to Alec's disappointment.

"There's got to be something else that we can do, Mags," Ethan said, wrapping an arm round Jace's shoulders, "I've just got my brother back. I don't want to lose him again to some psycho faerie queen"

Magnus chuckled, both at the nickname and Ethan's description of the queen. "Well... if I don't know, sunshine, then I certainly can't stop you..."

Seeing where Magnus was going with this, Ethan grinned. 

"Okay, Mag, we aren't going to go to the Seelie Court" 

Magnus smiled back at Ethan, then got up to leave the room. "I'm going to bed, before you start plotting more"

Izzy then turned to the rest of the group. "Well, I think its fairly obvious that Clary and Ethan will go with you. You know, I bet the reason Jace was summoned in the first place is because of his ties to Valentine, so they will want to see you two as well"

Alec chimed in next. "Shouldn't we all go? The more backup, the better. Right?"

"I agree with Alec. I'll come too" Simon piped up from his place in the corner, looking at Clary.

Izzy clapped her hands together. "Well that settles it. Shall we get going?"

                                                 .....................................................

The group of Shadowhunters manage to sneak past Magnus' wards, which "unfortunately malfunctioned". They made their way towards the Seelie Realm. When they arrived at the edge, there is a faerie there to lead them to the Queen.

"Shadowhunters," he greeted, then turned to Izzy and smiled broadly, "and my dearest Isabelle. Welcome to the Seelie realm"

Izzy giggled, and Ethan looked at her, smirking. 

"Nice to see you again, so soon, Meliorn"

"Well when I heard you were coming, I personally requested to be the one to guide you. This way," he said, gesturing to the path behind him as he led the way.

As they started walking, Ethan linked Izzy's arm "So... Meliorn..."

Izzy giggled. "Yes, he's... special..."

Alec cut in next, smirking. "Yes... they've got a... thing"

Izzy looked pointedly at Ethan as she replied.