CHAPTER 7

"You look like you had a rough night. What happened to you?" Paige asked Royce.

All the girls were seated at a breakfast diner, which she practiced snuck out of Joe's room to get to in time.

"Nothing, I'm good, I'm chilling." She lied.

"Did Nick tire you out?" Nikki joked, making her and the others laugh.

Royce's eyes widened, "What?"

"You didn't see the media? The paparazzi caught you guys." Becky informed her while she passed Royce her phone.

Hollywood Insider: Gotcha! Caught red handed, ex lovers, Royce Presley and Nick Cannon reunite out on the town of Las Vegas

Hollywood Insider: Gotcha! Caught red handed, ex lovers, Royce Presley and Nick Cannon reunite out on the town of Las Vegas. The former couple was seen leaving the T-Mobile arena after Cannons Wild N Out show. Witnesses confirm Royce made a special appearance surprising her ex. After the show these two seemed to not be able to keep their hands off each other. Will this couple rise again?

Royce rolled her eyes and handed Becky back her phone. "He's not even here, I left that morning."

"Then why do you look like you've been fucked all night?" Paige bluntly questioned.

"Jeez Paige." Brie shook her head.

"We just argued on the phone all night. Okay? We did have sex but when I woke up and got my clothes, he freaked out because he didn't know if he used protection. But when we were dating he would make me get the birth control shot, so I reminded him and he was relieved." Royce explained. "Then made a comment on how he couldn't have three baby mamas." She whispered the last part, but all her friends were still able to hear her.

"Awe Roy." Nikki hugged her. "He's not worth it anyway. I know you'll meet a great guy who'll give you everything you want and more."

"But I wanted him to be that great guy." Royce frowned. She got up from her chair, "I'll see you guys later, Im gonna go back to the hotel and take a bath." She tossed a twenty dollar bill on the table and walked out.

As she walked through the streets, the wind began to pick up. Nick's comment played through her head. You spend four years with someone, just to find out, your future together looks completely different. He was with her when she won the royal rumble, he even gave her one of her favorite diamond necklace at Wrestlemania. She remembered the time he made a big sign at Summerslam when they made three years together. She didn't even realize she was crying until her vision turned blurry.

Quickly wiping her tears, she reached the hotel, going up to her room. Leaning her head back, she waited for the elevator to close.

An arm stuck between the door causing it to open, Joe stepped in with her, clearly on an intense phone call.

"No, no that's not happening." Joe said. "She wants to come, my mom will take her.... No, this was planned way before we even divorced.... I don't care Galina! Don't, no, damnit!" He yelled and shoved his phone in his pocket.

"You good?" Royce asked and turned her head towards him.

"She's.. She's trying to cancel bringing Jojo to our next pay per view. And she's been looking forward to going, me and my mom already talked about it. She would fly out with her but now Galina is trying to cancel everything." He sighed and rubbed his face.

"I don't know what to say in these situations.. Sorry? But just make sure you can do whatever you can to get Jojo to come. You know I'm here if you need anything." Royce passed him a small smile.

"I know." He smirked. "Why does it look like you've been crying?"

The elevator reached their floor, they both exited and walked side by side.

"Just allergies." She shrugged and pulled out her key card.

"How you feeling? Not too sore right?" Joe nudged her.

"You're pride will forever amaze me." Royce scoffed. "But you do owe me something."

"What's that?" He placed his hands on either side of her, trapping her in between him.

"Concealer." Royce said. He gave her a confused look. "For the amount of hickeys I've had to cover up because of you."

Joe let out a laugh, "Fine, take me shopping and I'll buy you whatever you want."

"Later, I'm gonna go take a bath and nap." She said. "So catch you later."

"Wait," he grabbed her arm. "The twins third birthday party is in a couple weeks. Me and Galina are having separate ones, do you think you could come to Tampa for a few days and help?"

She smiled, "Of course, just let me know when."

"Thanks, oh by the way." Joe dug in his pocket. "You left this in my room." He held up the necklace.

She gulped, as she felt the tears threatening to pour from her eyes. "Uh, keep it."

"What would I want with a diamond necklace?" He chuckled.

"Give it to Jojo, or Galina or someone. I- I just don't want it anymore, I'll see you later." Royce quickly said and went in her room.

She slide down to the floor, her head resting against the door. She was a crying mess. Nick was once her everything, even at one point, she was waiting to plan their wedding. But starting over wasn't what she wanted. It was too painful and tiring.

Feeling her phone buzzed, she figured it was Joe.

Nick: Hey, remembered I still have some of my things at your apartment in Phoenix. Think I can stop by and get the spare key?

Royce rolled her eyes and sent him the middle finger without thinking.

Grayson: Just heard the news about your p.o.s. ex, me and Ethan are stopping by at your next show monday. After we can go on a sibling day/date, sound good? btw Toni is doing good.

Joe: I'm an idiot.. I didn't realize what necklace it was. I'm stopping by at 7, no stopping me😎

What?
~
to be continued