CHAPTER 10

"Guess who has a big match tonight?" Paige squealed and jumped with joy.

Royce laughed at her friend's excitement. "I'm guessing you."

"Even better!" Paige grinned. "It's me and you in a tag team for the titles!"

"Wait really?" She gasped. "You're serious? Me and you are actually getting a shot?!"

"YES!" Paige screamed. "Vince wanted new woman's tag team champs and put us together!"

"Me and you, quite the tag team he put together." Royce said.

"I'm gonna go tell Sasha, I'll be back!" Paige squealed once more before leaving.

Royce decided to take this time and text her family about the opportunity she was getting, a little bummed they weren't here.

"Hey," Dean came up to her. "Shots in my room tonight on me. Everyone's going, it's at 10, don't be late."

"Taking shots with you always ends up bad." She defended. "Last time I was sick for a week." Royce crossed her arms and shook her head.

Dean made a face, "Thats a lie. I took the same amount you did and I was fine."

Royce let out a laugh. "The toilet was your cuddle buddy remember?"

He rolled his eyes and mumbled, "I vaguely remember that."

"You woke up in the tub." She reminded him. "Our wittle Deany can't hold his alcohol." Royce said in a baby voice.

"Go get ready for your match." Dean pushed her forward and laughed.

She chuckled and walked through the hallways to her dressing room. She suddenly felt a pair of arms around her and lift her up.

"Joe, what are you doing?" Royce giggled and wrapped her legs around his waist.

"Taking you to your dressing room." Joe ran with her.

"I have to get readyyyy," Royce whined and wiggles out of his grip once they reached her room. "Me and Paige are up for the tag team titles."

Joe's eyes lit up, "Really?" he cocked his head to the side. "Royce Presley leading the women's locker room."

"Royce and Paige." She corrected him. "Don't you and Corbin have a match tonight?"

"Yeah," he sighed and plopped on the couch. "You going to Deans drink fest tonight?"

"Probably." Royce replied and laced her shoes. "You know Dean, whether you show up or not he'll make you go and drink until you empty at least four bottles."

Joe smiled, "Hey what are you doing this weekend?"

She shrugged, "Nothing, just the usual working out and stuff. Why?"

"Come home with me this weekend."

Royce started to choke and cough. "W-what?"

He stood up and walked towards her. "Come home with me."

"Joe," she gave him a look. "No. That's your time with your kids."

"My kids adore you." Joe said. "Please, every time Jojo calls me, all she talks about is you. I'll drive you down to Orlando too so you can see your family."

"How about next week? If me and Paige win, I'm sure we'll have to do a lot of press this weekend." Royce suggested.

"Promise?" He pouted.

She laughed at how much of a baby he was being. "Promise."

———

"Paige with a single drop kick!" Michael Cole exclaimed.