Part One.

Ariyan POV (Ari-yan)

3 years later

"Hey Mama Angie" I said to my favorite client. She's Kyles momma.

"Don't hey mama me, i haven't spoken to you in weeks!"

"Now you know you a lie!" i busted out laughing. "It's only been what five days."

"Five days too long. i miss you baby now how you been doing?"

"you right I'm doing good, you getting your regular today?"

"Oh yea baby. You always hooking me up."

"I wanna try some braids on you they would look too cute!"
I said hoping she'd give in

"Baby you know I'm basic as hell I love my drop curls. All the young boys be breaking they necks to check me out." She said sticking out her tongue.

"Uh uh, I can't take you." I snickered, walking her over to the shampoo bowl.

"I'm so proud of you Yani. You got your own little section for your clients. You doing your thing.Kyle would be so proud... Kyle IS proud. She said closing her eyes while I watched her hair.

Sighing I smiled small I miss him everyday. The pain never really gets better but you do learn to cope.

I work at a well known barbershop in NYC downtown, the owner is Ray he has sections that you can rent out. I rented out a section in the back of the barbershop so I can do my clientele. I was sick of clients coming to my apartment, especially when they think they can bring people, like are you getting your hair done or them? That's where I lay my head at .. hell no. The shop is called 'Ace Of Fades' but I go by 'Ariyanstudio' on Instagram that's where all of my clientele comes from.

(Everything in this book is based off of my imagination I do not live in NYC. It's just a book. Thank you. Enjoy💕)

"Thank you so much momma. I'm hoping in a couple of months I can save up to get my own store. You know fashion is my passion I just have to do hair to keep a roof over my head. I said as I tried to drift away from the Kyle subject he's a touchy subject for me.

"Just keep grinding and it'll all fall into place and you know you can always come back and stay with me Yani. My home is your home. "

"I knowww. What would I do without you." I kissed her cheek. Drying her hair off with a towel.

...

Marvin POV

"My shit looking real rough. " Saheed said.

"Shiid you? I hope aint nobody in that bitch man." I said.

Every time niggas wanna get their head cut it gotta be 50+ niggas in that bitch

We on our way to Ray's barbershop. Whenever i'm in NYC I make sure to pay him a visit, nobody else lays a finger on my head in the US.

...

"Yerrrrrrrrrr." Saheed and I said as we walked through the barbershop door causing the bell to jingle from opening the doors.

"Look who's finally back" Ray said dapping Saheed and I up.

"How you feeling?" Sihead said.

"Shid I'm living...the real question is how ya'll feeling. Ya'll got big asf in the UK." Ray said.

"Realshit bro. The grind don't stop." I said sitting in his chair.

"Where Yani at?" Saheed said.

Yani is Saheeds cousin on her dads side. They got closer over the years after her mother passed away. Saheed and I grew up together here in New York when we were kids but we moved to the UK to further our careers after we graduated. I always heard him talking to her and about her but I never actually saw her.