Chapter 11

~~~

~~~

After that Mariah went with Jeff and Clint to get the girl settled and figure out what was happening to her. In her way in she spotted Alby in one of the rooms tied down as he panted heavily. Mariah frowned biting her lip, she knew from experience that it was painful. That he'd remember things he wouldn't want to.

She herself remembered some horrible things that happened to her but it had nothing to do with the creators, no it was before that, she remembered her childhood which was a nightmare. She never told anyone the specifics of what she remembered, she didn't like talking about it.

After awhile Newt, Thomas, and Minho came to visit to check up on the girl as Mariah sat on th end of the girl's bed watching over her.

"Mariah, Jeff... what's going on?" Newt asked as the group stood around the girl "What's the matter with her? Why won't she wake up?"

Jeff was the one to answer Newt's questions in a way"Hey, man, I got my job the same way you did."

Mariah noticed Thomas staring towards the girl and spoke up "Thomas, do you recognize her? Be honest cause too much klunk has happened today and I'm in no way in the mood for you lying to me."

Thomas looked towards her shaking his head "No."

Mariah narrowed her eyes while Newt spoke up looking towards Thomas "Really? 'Cause she seemed to recognize you."

"What about the note?" Thomas asked avoiding Newt's words

Newt shook his head looking towards the unresponsive girl "Yeah, we'll worry about the note later."

"I think you should worry about it now," Thomas said

Mariah, Minho, and Newt looked towards him "We've got enough to deal with at the moment."

"He's right, Newt," Jeff spoke up catching their attention "If the Box isn't coming back up, how long do you think we can last?"

"No one said that. Let's not jump to any conclusions." Mariah looked towards Newt noticing that he was trying to reassure himself as well with his words "We'll just... we'll just wait until she wakes up and see what she knows. Somebody's got to have some answers around here."

"Okay." Thomas said before going to leave the Med-jack hut catching the attention of everyone once more

"And where are you going?" Newt asked Thomas

Thomas stopped looking back towards the trio once more before saying "Back into the maze." And leaving the room.

Mariah, Minho, and Newt all shared a glance before Minho jogged out after him.

Mariah looked towards Newt giving him a glance "Newt?"

Newt looked back towards her with a frown already knowing what she was going to ask. He hated the idea of her going out there again but if she was doing this then she must have thought the whole thing through and he trusted her enough to make big decisions like this one "Be careful and don't get bloody stung again you hear me?"