06'' booze.

soojin's pov
my phone buzzed with notifications. i picked up my phone and saw text messages from hui. ''want to have a drink at the bar tonight at 11? '' it read.

wanting to take a break from my hectic schedule, i agreed. just to make things clear, hui and i aren't a couple anymore. ever since the dating news were released, cube broke us up.

we had to reluctantly do so and each of us went through an emotional phase. despite that, we came to an agreement to remain as friends. maybe,  we suited each other better by being friends.

grabbing my checkered long-sleeved button-down shirt, i wore it over my shirt. i closed the door quietly before leaving the dorm. 

when i was just about to leave, i heard footsteps behind me.

''soojin unnie, where are you going?'' turning around, i realised it was shuhua. ''i'm going to have a drink with hui.''

''oh, stay safe then.'' shuhua muttered, walking off before i could say anything else. i really hoped she wasn't mad at me or anything.

the streets were dimly lit and a few bars across the streets were opened. hui and i met outside the bar. he wore a plain grey t-shirt and classic jeans.

we drank a few shots at the bar but we were still sober. 

''so what have you been up to these days?'' he asked with a cup of liquor in his hands, spinning it casually.

''i been going to the company to practice dancing i guess. was really exhausting though'', letting out a sigh. not only was the training sucking the life out of me, but i was also in an emotional mess.

my feelings for shuhua kept on growing stronger and stronger the more i pushed it away. every night i would just lay in bed motionlessly, lost in the thoughts flooding through my mind.

instead of refraining myself from overthinking, i just let it be. 

''you sure you're okay?'' hui inquired. he sounded serious.

before answering him, i picked up the cup of alcohol, swirling it mindlessly. the strong alcohol burnt my throat but seemingly enjoying the numbing sensation it evoked. 

 ''no.'' he didn't reply me but waited for me to continue.

''i really like shuhua. not in a friendly type of way. i been feeling so stressed out and something seems to be consuming me deep inside. it sucks honestly. i don't even know if shuhua likes me back.'' i groaned, digging my head into my palms. 

we sat in deep, long silence as we drank more shots. 

'' tell her that you love her.'' he said. '' if you're never going to confess to her, the thing inside you is going to consume you entirely one day.''

''if only it was that easy.'' i chuckled. hui scoffed.

thankfully, hui changed the subject because i didn't want to think of it anymore.  he cracked some jokes to lighten my mood and told me his weekend when he went back to visit his family.

i found myself being genuinely interested in his day to day life. i felt as if a slight weight has been lifted off my chest.

i was half drunk, half sober by the time we left the bar. he offered me to drive me back to the dorm. after escorting me to the elevator, i told him i could get back to the dorm without his help.

''thanks hui, for everything'' i mumbled. ''yeah no problem, always here for you.''