08'' aftermath.

3rd Person POV

after that heated moment, soojin fell alseep onto shuhua's shoulder.  the maknae carried her to the bed and laid her down.

she replaced soojin's clothing with a fresh set before leaving.

on the bed, shuhua's emotions were scattered around like piles of junk on the floor. her pulse hammered forcefully and her heart slightly ached. 

she didn't know whether soojin knew what she was doing or whether she meant what she said. amidst the rays of moonlight shining softly onto her bed, shuhua looked out at the window, letting her mind wander aimlessly. 

even though she wanted to feel hopeful about the probability soojin loving her back, she just didn't want to have high hopes. however, the kiss felt so right, as if soojin legitimately loved her the same way shuhua did.

the little sounds of engines revving from the cars outside the window glided along with the soft breathing of shuhua's. touching her lips, she hoped soojin didn't remember what had happen. or did she?

soojin's POV

my head throbbed in pain as if someone was hammering my skull. i opened my eyes, feeling the weight of the blanket settle on me.

what happened last night and why am i in a new set of clothes?

questions popped in mind like firecrackers.  i racked my brain trying to dig out the happenings of yesterday. ah right, i went out to drink with hui. that was the only thing i could remember. 

something happened last night but i didn't know what it was. the unknown memory nagged at the corner of my mind as i tried to get out of the bed. 

stumbling back and forth, my hands finally grasped onto the door knob. how much did i exactly drink, chiding myself.

''soojin, are you alright?'' miyeon unnie asked when she saw me walking towards the living room.  ''i don't think so'' my voice was hoarse and my head was spinning like crazy. 

miyeon unnie gave me a glass of warm water upon seeing the state i was in. ''where's shuhua?'' i asked because i didn't see her around. 

''she went to the pharmacist to buy some medicine for your hangover,'' she replied. ''oh.''

speak of the devil, shuhua came back with a bag of medicine, i supposed. ''hey, you're awake,'' she said and approached me with concern all written on her face. 

a twinge of guilt ached my heart because i must have made shuhua worry about me.

i groaned, trying to sit upright to consume the medicine shuhua handed to me. '' thanks.'' gulping down the pill along the water seemed to burn its way down my throat. i really shouldn't have drank so much. 

''i'm going to meet minnie at the cafe, i'll be back at 5.'' miyeon unnie said whilst coming out of her room, dressed tastefully.

she wore a navy blue beanie and a crop top, along with a pair of jeans with a light brown blazer enveloping her petite figure.

 damn, going on a date with minnie huh, i thought. 

the members knew something going on between minnie and miyeon but they didn't know we knew everything. they were simply too obvious yet too oblivious. 

''aights, bye then. hope to not see you again, you can stay at minnie's dorm though,'' shuhua smirked. 

''aish, don't say that,'' miyeon blushed. '' bye soojin, better take care of yourself, '' she said before leaving me and shuhua alone in the dorm.  

shuhua then proceeded to support me back to the bed, where was more comfortable lying on. ''do you want any breakfast? '' she asked. ''no, its alright.'' i replied. 

shuhua was about to leave but i held onto her wrist. something struck me with jackhammer force, was it deja vu? it must have a relation to the unknown matter that definitely happened yesterday.

she turned around, looking puzzled by my action. her hazel brown eyes looked fixedly at me, waiting for me to speak. it felt so familiar yet i couldn't put a finger on it. 

my heart raced as i stared back at shuhua, struggling to get words out of my mouth. my body seemed to froze, with circuits in my brain unable to flow. 

''u-uh, did anything happen yesterday?'' i stammered. 

''nothing happened,'' shuhua replied after having a slight hesitation which i didn't miss. something definitely happened but since shuhua didn't want to say, i decided not to force her.

''can you cuddle with me? my head is splitting and i need you here,'' i said sheepishly, fidgeting my fingers. i too did not expect myself to ask shuhua that question.

'' it's okay if you don't want to though,'' quickly adding on. 

shuhua immediately launched herself on me, as if she wanted to do this after a long time. i giggled slightly and my headache didn't seem to be that bad anymore.

 '' jin-jin!'' she giggled, wrapping her arms around me. 

we cuddled each other, with me spooning shuhua. she fell asleep in my arms and i could not help but wonder what had happened yesterday. i hope it wasn't something horrible thing i did. 

cuddling shuhua like this makes me feel at peace, makes things feel so right. my love for shuhua would never change, even if she doesn't love me back. it doesn't matter if she loves someone else because to me, her happiness is my happiness.