Nine

It was mid lunch time when Somi finally arrived in school. Some were looking at her as she finally made an appearance after going missing for three days.

Ignoring the looks, she went straight to the empty class of hers and placed her bag. Sitting down and placed her head on the table as she took the remaining time to rest before the next half of the school time begins.

Not long later, everyone started to return back to their respective classes. Hoseok, Momo and Namjoon came in together and was shocked to see her there, sleeping soundly. Not wanting to ruin her day by bombarding her with questions, they each sat at their seats and waited for the next teacher to arrive. At this point, they just want to get over the day quickly.

It was Math lesson when she finally woke up to listen attentively to the teacher. Strong of her to pretend that she did not disappear herself for days. That's what he loved about her. Being strong despite what she witnessed or experienced. Guilt slowly eating him up again at the thought of it, making him lose his focus and could only manage a sigh from it.

Somi noticed his sigh and spoke softly without facing him.

"Meet me at the ice cream shop after school. We need to talk," she said.

However, somehow it gave him chills down his spine. Unable to speak, he only gave a nod and tried to focus back to the lesson soon after.

The school bell rang, signalling the end of school. Both had different classes and head their way to the ice cream shop. She gave the group a quick text, without him of course, that she's going to confess. Giving them the idea to text at the main group chat that they're having a sleepover at her house for the weekend. It is a Friday anyway.

As she approach the ice cream shop, she could see the familiar figure sitting at the corner, waiting for her arrival. She took a deep breath and push the door.

He looked up when he felt a presence with the familiar scent - lavender. Giving her a warm smile as she sat down in front of him. There was an awkward silence as she fumbled with her fingers while he sat there fidgeting from time to time.

Wanting to break the ice, he said," So um... What did you wanna talk about?"

She looked up at him and down again followed by a sigh.

"To be honest, I just want to know something. I mean we're friends but we've kissed but you kissed another girl too... Are you just playing with me?"

"W-what? N-no, why would I? Look, I'm sorry what you saw the other day but it truly was a misunderstanding," you shouldn't have stammered you dumbass.

"Oh really? Because it truly hurt my feelings and you didn't bother to come to my house and knock my door," she shot back. Okay she's right... I'm such a jerk.

But wait.. I hurt her feelings? Does she.. perhaps.. like me too?

I look up and stare at her eyes sparkling as tears started to form.

"S-somi-ah. Do you perhaps.. have feelings for me?" He asked, cautiously.

Namjoon's pov

"W-what? Isn't it already obvious? Yes, I do like you. Gosh..." she gave an exasperated sigh and packed her stuffs. Before I could react, she dashed out of the ice cream shop. I look up to the sky. It's gonna rain.

Fuck. I mentally cursed myself as I quickly went out to find her, hoping she wouldn't get drenched by the rain.

Somehow, my instinct told me to go to the park and so I did. However, it started to rain.

Where are you Somi-ah?

I looked around, in search to catch a glimpse of her small body. I looked around once more and caught sight of her, hugging herself as she walked under the rain. My heart went super soft seeing her drenched as I ran up to her and grabbed her wrist. Thank God I have a mini umbrella with me.

She turned and look at me in shock before she looked down and started crying. Surprised by her sudden reaction, I hugged her, hoping she would calm down. Thankfully, she did. Wiping away the tears, I began explaining to he the situation.

Somi's pov

It started from when he was waiting at the rooftop for her. Soon after, Mina came in which came to a shock to him. Not knowing what to do, he became tense while also hoping I would come in later. She came up to him and started caressing his cheek, making him froze up even more. Not long later, she gave him a kiss. Fortunately he didn't kiss back.

But it was a bad timing because at that moment, I came in. Not gonna lie, I should have asked what on earth was going on instead of jumping into conclusion. Feeling guilty, I could only stare down to the ground as he continued on explaining.

Mina detached herself from him and chuckled, fond of my reaction. Giving him pats on his shoulder and said a 'Good Luck' before he pushed her and chased after me.

So Jungkook was right... It was all a misunderstanding. Damn, I really acted immature about it.

"I-i'm sorry. I shouldn't have push all of you away," I cried it out as I hugged him again.

"That's alright. Hey, look at me. It wasn't entirely your fault. Don't beat yourself up about it alright? I'm sorry for not showing up at your house and talk things out with you," he said.

Under the rain, we stare at each other's eyes. Lost in one another's, unconsciously we bring our lips together for a kiss. A deep, long and passionate kiss was what we needed before pulling ourselves apart to catch our breath.

"I love you," he said, staring right into my eyes.

Taken aback by his sudden confession, I smiled, knowing that the feelings are mutual. I leaned forward to kiss him on the lips again.

"I love you too," I grinned.

With that, our hands intertwined with one another as we head over to his house to dry ourselves up. Luckily, his parents were overseas due to their business so they didn't have to do much explanation upon reaching home.

Third person's pov

They dried themselves up the moment they stepped foot into the house. The house gave a warm atmosphere as he went straight to the kitchen to cook some soup for her and grabbed some blankets from his room. She walked to the kitchen island to place her stuffs before heading to a metallic chair in the living room and sit on it.

It was pretty admirable to see how comfortable the house is. With the blankets around her shoulder, she leaned back and thought about how their relationship changed from friends to lovers.

Namjoon had went for a quick shower. With hair still dripping wet, he gave her a fresh new towel and a set of clothing of his for her to change on. Still not used to the new relationship, she hesitantly took it and head to the bathroom.

After showering and eating the soup, they went back to the sofa. Namjoon switched on a random movie to reduce the awkwardness around them. After watching the movie silently,  he opened a conversation.

"So... What time do you wanna head back to your house for the sleepover?"

"Hmm.. How about the late evening?"

"Sure," giving a short answer as he hugged her tightly and kissed her forehead.

"I love you, Somi-ah"

"I love you too dummy"

She returned back with a tighter hug and soon, both went into a deep yet short slumber.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
hey guys!!

sorry for the cut off but I'm trying to make the story with more chapters but i guess the next chapter is the last one.. :'(

honestly i would rlly wanna extend it but my ideas for this are limited so I hv no choice..

but thankiew for always supporting me,, u guys are the best !!

stay safe and take care!!❤️

11:33am
15/06/2020