iii

"Your blood needs to be the strongest which means using a lot of it," Freya explained as she grabbed a small kit of wooden nails, causing a shiver to trail up her spin.

"This isn't going to kill me right?" Caroline asked, sitting down on the chair and staring with discomfort at the 2 metal buckets next to her.

"It won't kill you but it's gonna hurt like hell, now bite down on this." Freya handed her a spoon to put in her mouth as she slit Caroline's wrists and nailed them in place with wood, a whimper erupting from the wounded blonde's lips.

"Jesus that hurts!" Caroline swore feeling the blood draining from her and drip-drop into the metal container.

"Yeah we need a lot of it I'm sorry, it's the only thing that can stop whatever monster is coming." Freya stood up after securing the wounds wouldn't heal and walking to the door

"What the hell? Where do you think you're going?" Caroline yelled, her wrists burning at the sensation of her fluids leaving.

"I'm trying to figure out how Lucien cured himself of the werewolf bite without Klaus's blood. Kol and Rebekah will be here soon!" Freya walked out and slammed the door shut, leaving a very anguished girl locked in a chair.

===

"What if she doesn't like my real face!" Kol sighed as he and Rebekah discussed his predicament, "sure she says that it's only because it's a big adjustment but I don't buy that for a bloody second!"

"I mean totally who wouldn't like your real face." Rebekah cooed at the baby she was playing with, only half-listening to her fretful brother.

"That's what I said!"

Rebekah and Kol were sat in the room with Caroline who was currently going in and out of consciousness as the second bucket filled up. The two siblings paying her no mind as her woozy state passed out again.

"You definitely should not have said that you sound like a bloody wanker Kol." Rebekah's words where still full of laughter as she picked up the baby.

"Well what was I meant to say Rebekah? I've never had these disgusting feelings!" Kol complained, still not liking the butterflies that entered him whenever he saw the little witch

"I'm not sure Kol, maybe she's finally realized your personality and decided to dip."

"Haha very funny. Ugh I'm late for my date with Davina, besides shouldn't you be returning that child to Hayley soon?"

"Shoot you right! C'mon, let's go. Bye, caroline! We'll text Freya that you're fine!" The bickering siblings left the room as swiftly as they entered.

Leaving an unconscious Caroline alone.