xi

Caroline and Klaus were the last ones at the table, Stefan going to call the Mystic Falls gang and inform them of the situation, Hayley and Elijah going to collect Hope, and Freya working on the spell. Which left a very uncomfortable silence looming over them.

"Well, I should probably go get charged in my 'Super Spy Double Agent' outfit." Caroline let out an uncomfortable laugh and went to stand up.

"Love wait, please. We need to talk." Klaus stood up gesturing for her to change her seat to be closer. Klaus was for the first time nervous. He didn't want to mess up his shot at gaining her forgiveness, "I know you're strong and I know you aren't weak. I was merely worried because of Aurora's tendency to get jealous."

Caroline sighed and sat down, placing her hands onto the dark oak table whilst knawing at the inside of her cheek. The blonde could understand his worries, something inside her clawing to forgive him. So instead of going off on a large tangent, like she wanted to, Caroline simply grabbed his hand and gazed up into his dark eyes, "I get it,"

Klaus had never felt so relieved as when he felt her warm hands cold his own naturally cold ones, allowing the blonde girl's rubbing circles on his own, "I've missed you, Caroline."

Caroline allowed a light pink blush to spread across her cheeks at the comment. She knew she'd missed him. His stupid flirty comments and his unruly persistence. All the futile attempts at kisses or dates. The dark blonde hair that sat atop his head in bushy curls, or even his blue irises that always set in a smoldering gaze, "I missed you to Klaus."

By now they had been leaning into each other, Klaus's hand trailing down her cheek in a gentle caress. But the moment was quickly broken by Stefan announcing that it was time to enact the plan.

But Caroline knew her and Klaus would be fine, they always were.