ii. train rides

CHAPTER TWO:
( train rides )

CHAPTER TWO:( train rides )

▂✫⌒*・゚

NOT MANY PEOPLE ARE saying goodbye to their first-year children. In fact, not many people seem to be there at all. When news came out that the school would now be controlled by Death Eaters, many either ran or were forbidden to return to school. Venus stares sadly at the young children appearing afraid or puzzled about the lack of enthusiasm. They are not even at Hogwarts yet and the gloomy aura already mocks Venus. How is she going to spread love and positivity in this environment? Truthfully, she does not know— and perhaps even the happy Hufflepuff students would not be the same in spirit— but she has to try. Her lips purses thinly before blinking numerous times to get rid of her teary eyes and places a kind smile on her face. Right when she feels herself ready, Venus began entering the Hogwarts Express. Her equipment stays close to her body while she walks through the long corridors searching for some of her friends.

It does not feel right that many compartments are rather empty or barely has one person in them. She is shock at how completely different everything is compared to her first-year. Years ago it had been absolute excitement everywhere and in people's inside. Lights gleaming in happiness and cheerfulness. Voices loudly overlapping one another. This time it is the complete opposites. Whispers being commonly heard over the older students. A look of judgement passing through everyone's eyes.

There is a lot more Slytherins than she has seen before (well, not more but with many students gone...) most whom she recognizes easily. A few Hufflepuff students roam around (and yet she could not see Ty) while Ravenclaw and Gryffindor seem to have the same amount of them. Tired of walking around the corridors, she releases a hefty sigh and instead heads into the first compartment in her view. Her eyebrows raises in questioning as she notice a lone and familiar Slytherin by himself. With her arrival, he briefly glance up and quickly eyes her before rolling his dark eyes. Venus did not take much offense to it since she knows exactly how the boy usually tends to be.

"Zabini," she greets all the same, a smile still on her lips despite it being a Slytherin who practically does not care if muggles lives or not, "Mind if I join you?"

"Yes, I do mind," Zabini sighs with clear annoyance. His glare only deepens when she freely sits across him and fully ignores his words. Venus simply shows her teeth in appreciation and takes out one of her poetry books. The Slytherin narrows his eyes as he read the title of her book and then scoffs. This in turn makes her look up and give him a blank stare. "You do realize they'll burn that book if they see it, right?"

Venus raises an eyebrow. "That's the first time I've heard you say more than five words! You have a nice voice, by the way," she acknowledges in surprise. Then, recalling his question because of how he scowls at her, she answers, "And yes, I do know what they'll do, but guess what?"