let's have a talk

The next morning was spent inside the hospital where they were all getting treated. Katsumi had woken up and had been informed about all the occurring events the previous night.

"What?? You mean I missed the fight of the century and Endeavor all at the same time!" Katsumi exclaimed upset.

"No, you missed the part where I was a total badass hero." Kenta corrected.

"I was saved by Endeavor?!"

"And me! Don't you forget that part!"

Khoii observed his friends arguing over what seemed like pointless things, scrolling through the news he came across an article about his favorite minimart. The heroes have reported the case as a 'Terrorist attack' and the old man he adored so much was also labeled as missing, but there were dozens of victims found - speaking of which his mother is currently in custody being questioned.

"I can't believe I'm the damsel now" Katsumi angst, making Khoii snap back into reality.

"What are you guys blabbering about?" he asked.

"We're just talking about the time you got kidnapped and were totally helpless and how the tables have turned, ohohoho" Kenta explained with a grin, Khoii sweatdropped "You guys really gotta stop playing damsel if you wanna be heroes."

"It's not our fault Death metal keeps abducting us!" Khoii reasoned with a tick mark.

Kenta put a finger under his chin "Last time I checked it was your fault."

"Guys stop fighting! Look on the bright side - more heroes are keeping their eyes on us and we don't get any punishment from the school." Katsumi pointed out, breaking the two apart.

Kenta's eyes sparkled "Oh yeah school! We get today off!" he cheered.

"Is that all you care about!?"

Kenta laughed until it turned down as his face turned serious, "Actually there is a reason behind that. I have something to confess to you guys."

Khoii raised his eyebrows "Go ahead..."

"In middle school, my life was all messed up because of my brother. He drove everyone away from me because of the countless times that he was caught being himself around girls and some pretty nasty stuff was said about me when I defended him so that's one of the main reasons why I didn't want him to come near any of you guys. I feel uncomfortable in my own skin with all the judgemental eyes and constant glares I get, but I go through school every day with you guys by my side. I would hate to see our relationship change though." Kenta smiled sadly, "And I hope we'll still stay friends even if you think I'm weird."

Katsumi smiled at Kenta "There's no need to feel upset Kenta, sooner rather than later you'll find that all three of us have more in common than you think."

"Oh, I know all about you guys that's why I approached you." Kenta pointed out.

"That's... totally not creepy." Khoii commented sarcastically.

Kenta rubbed his neck sheepishly "Yeah sorry about that."

"Don't apologize for something you can't change."

"I'd also like to confess something." Katsumi said raising her hand, "At first I wanted to come and be a hero not because of Khoii- but he played a part in it too." looking at Khoii "That day on our last day of middle school you might think that I only picked to apply to UA because of you and you are right. You gave me the confidence to apply there and become a great hero like Endeavor. I thought of becoming a hero too but everyone around me wanted to be some model or something, deep inside I let others control my choices but you Khoii - you let me have options that I can choose."