Chapter 2: Practice

🥀"I cannot undo what I have done. I can't un-sing a song that's sung. And the saddest thing about my regret? I can't forgive me, and you can't forget."🥀

Kenma left the bathroom with an empty stomach, a sore throat, and a nasty attitude. The pills he had taken in the club room just went to waste, since they came back up with everything else in the bathroom. Kenma staggered his was back to the gym. As he walked, he started to develop a stomach ache. 'Wonderful. Now it'll be harder to act normal in practice," he thought to himself. But much to his surprise, he was able to pull off that everything was fine.

Kuroo smiled at Kenma, oblivious to the fact that the snacks he had given Kenma earlier were now out of his system. Towards the end of practice, as Inuoka jumped to spike the ball Kenma had set to him, he collided with Lev mid-air. Lev managed to land on his feet but Inuoka fell to the ground and hit his head on the gym floor pretty hard. Kuroo and Yaku were the first to run over to Inuoka, who was laying on the ground clutching the back of his head. Kenma helped Kuroo check to see if Inuoka had any serious visible injuries while Yaku turned his attention to Lev.

"What the hell dude? You can't just do that! That ball was clearly for Inuoka. You were supposed to be practicing your receives!" Yaku yelled as Lev stared down at him.

"I know, but that was a really nice set. Plus I've been doing receives all practice. If I'm gonna be Nekoma's Ace then I at least need to hit some spikes every practice. Right?" Lev responded, not really phased by the collision at all.

"That doesn't matter. Either one of you could've been hurt from you being selfish. You can't just do what you want. This is a team." Yaku's face saddened as he looked over at Inuoka, who was sitting up trying to hold back tears due to the pain. Kuroo rubbed Inuoka's back as Kenma went to go get ice, water, and pain pills he'd need later.

"Hey Asshole. The least you could do is apologize to the kid," Yamamoto hissed at Lev, who rolled his eyes as he walked over to the crying boy. He squatted down so he'd be eye level with him.

"I'm sorry Inuoka. I didn't mean for you to get hurt. I just wanted to do what I love to do," Lev said, turning his head to avoid the brunette eyes. Inuoka just nodded, but Yaku could tell something was clearly wrong.

"Inuoka? Look at me."

The boy slowly turned his head to look at Yaku. He had stopped crying, but something was off. He was sweating, his eyelids only halfway open, and his mouth slightly agape. Yaku could tell his breathing was slowing and he wasn't all the way there. Yaku's expression changed to worry as he quickly got on his knees and cupped Inuoka's face in his hands.

"Stay with me!" were the only words Yaku managed to say to him before Inuoka's eyes rolled back as he collapsed.

"Holy shit! Is he dead?" Yamamoto exclaimed. He turned to Lev with fury in his eyes. "You fucking killed him!" Yamamoto was about to punch Lev when Yaku silently held up his hand, causing them to look.

"He still has a pulse. Yamamoto, go get Kenma. I'll call 911. Yaku, Let me know if he stops breathing. And Lev," Kuroo paused, debating on what he should tell the silver haired male to do. "It's best you go home right now."