Chapter 19: Migraine

🥀"Love is a universal migraine. A bright stain on the vision, blurring out reason."🥀

"Is everyone ready to go?" Daichi called out to everyone in the gym.

"Yes!" they responded. Daichi knew that times were not the best, but he really loved seeing all of his friends from each school in one place.

"Alright then. Lets get going," Daichi stated, and everyone began to flood out of the gym doors. They had chose to just walk to the hospital, since it was so close by. They also decided that most of them would just relax at the park next to the hospital so Bokuto and Inuoka's rooms wouldn't be crowded.

The atmosphere was beyond tense on the walk to the hospital. Breakfast that morning had been awkward, and everyone felt it. A lot went on the night before, but nobody decided to speak on anything.

Kenma struggled to keep up with Akaashi's quick pace, so he settled on just lagging behind with a staggering Kuroo. He knew Kuroo was worried about what would greet them at the hospital, and he probably had a migraine coming on. Concerned for him, Kenma grabbed Kuroo's hand and stopped walking, which caused Kuroo to stop in response.

"Do you need to stop and rest?" Kenma asked.

Kuroo thought about his response for a moment. They were almost to the park. But his migraine was worsening, and if he continued he'd probably get sick. Also, he didn't want to slow everybody else down.

"N-no. I'm f-fine. I'll rest when we get to the park," Kuroo reassured the blonde boy, stumbling over his words in the process.

Akaashi had noticed that Kenma was no longer beside him at this point, and panicked for a moment. He realized he was now at the front of the group, and Kenma probably couldn't keep up. He turned around and headed back to find Kenma whenever he was. When he spotted him with Kuroo, he slowed his approach. 'Is Kuroo having a migraine?' he thought to himself. Kenma noticed Akaashi looking and beckoned for him to come help.

"Kuroo if your head hurts then you need to rest. We'll stay with you," Akaashi said, placing his hand on Kuroo's back.

Kuroo clenched his teeth as he looked at Akaashi. He could always see a deep sadness in Akaashi's eyes, no matter what was happening. Kuroo use to believe Akaashi's mind and heart were a cold, unforgiving place. When they first met, Akaashi made sure to show Kuroo that there was no room for love there. Ever since then, Kuroo spent every moment teaching Akaashi how to love. First, how to love Bokuto. And eventually, Kenma and Kuroo. But there was one thing Kuroo was never able to teach Akaashi, and that was how to love himself.

That's why he always felt a slight resentment towards those sapphire eyes he loved so much. He could feel the self hatred burn in him every time he looked in Akaashi's eyes, and he despised it. He vowed to never make Akaashi feel responsible for occurrences he couldn't prevent. Things he had no control of. It was the least he could do.

"I'm fine," Kuroo stated as he improved his posture. "Let's keep going."

Kenma and Akaashi watched Kuroo as he walked off to catch up with the group, carrying himself as if he wasn't in pain.

Kenma shook his head as he looked at the ground.

"His head's probably pounding right now, and he's still acting like nothing's wrong," Kenma bit his lip.

"Well," Akaashi responded, as he locked hands with Kenma and began walking to catch up with Kuroo. "That's why we love him. He's always strong for us."

a/n: ahhh just a quick chapter until I write the main one later today or tomorrow. Sorry I haven't been as active. I've been reading plus I've kinda been lost in my thoughts that I can't write what I want to say. Any I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Stay trippy babes!💚🛸