Chapter 9: Kitten

a/n: I promise I'll get to the other ships soon🥺 ugh but Nekoma and Fukurodani are just so interesting. Especially bokuakakuroken. That's a polyamory I can get down with🤪 god I love poly ships. Especially kagehinatsukkiyama🥰 all my precious first years in one happy relationship. Anyway, let's continue with the story shall we?😊

🥀"If you give me a chance, I swear I'll take care of you till my last breath."🥀

Bokuto dashed out of the school and hopped in his car. He didn't care about the trouble he would be in for leaving school without permission. He had to know where Akaashi and Kenma were and he needed to know they were safe. He sped out of the parking lot and drove as fast as he could to Kenma's place. It was the middle of the day, so nobody was really on the roads. And luckily, Bokuto didn't speed past any police officers. But just as he entered the Nerima Ward in Tokyo (that's where Nekoma is located btw) a small black kitten walked into the road. It was young, and looked lost. Bokuto didn't have time to react accordingly, and swerved his car off the road to avoid missing the kitten. His car went into a spin as he lost control of the vehicle. Not knowing what to do, Bokuto closed his eyes and braced himself for death.

'Kuroo, Kenma, and Akaashi. I'm sorry. I couldn't make it there. I couldn't be there for you guys.' Bokuto stated his goodbyes in his head as he listened to the screeching of the tires. The noise was deafening, until it was interrupted with another sound, then silence.

"Holy shit! Somebody crashed over there! Lev pull over!"

Lev pulled over to the side of the road as both him and Yaku hopped out of the car. Nobody had arrived at the site yet much to Yaku's surprise. It wasn't a busy road, but still.

Yaku squatted down to check to see if anyone was inside, and sure enough there was.

'Wait. That hair...' Yaku thought to himself.

"Oh my fucking God! Lev! Lev please help me open the door and get him out!" Yaku cried as he started frantically pulling on the door, knowing he was much too weak to do it alone.

Lev, startled by the libero's sudden outburst, grabbed ahold of the door and began to pull along with him. Yaku was becoming visibly more and more upset, which started to upset Lev. He knew it was someone they knew but who? He paused his pulling to squat down and look into the window.

There, hanging upside down in the flipped car, was Koutarou Bokuto. Lev's heart sank as he placed both his hands on the inside of the broken window and began to pull will all the strength he could muster.

"Lev stop! You could hurt yourself!" Yaku shouted. Lev didn't care. Their friend was in that car. And he was going to get him out dead or alive. Lev turned to look at Yaku, his hands bloody and his face covered with pain and distress.

"Yaku. Call the police. And call Kuroo IMMEDIATELY after. He needs to be here now. Before the paramedics take him away. I'll keep pulling. We'll get him out. I promise."

Tears poured from Yaku's eyes as he did what he was told, calling first the police and then Kuroo. He spoke to both as he watched Lev give it his all, doing everything he could to get Bokuto out of the car before it escalated. But Lev's attempts just weren't enough.