Chapter 8: Luck

🥀"You never know what worse luck your bad luck has saved you from."🥀

"AGGAAASHH-"

'Huh? That's weird,' Bokuto thought to himself as he slowed his speed down to a light jog. 'Where's Akaashi? He always meets me in the parking lot every morning. He never misses school, and when he does, he'd be sure to tell me the night before or early that morning.' Bokuto slowly walked into school, frantically sending texts to the pretty setter. It just wasn't like him to not tell Bokuto something like this. Had something happened?

By the time lunch came around, Bokuto still hadn't heard from Akaashi. He sat at the lunch table with the rest of his team, and massaged his temples. He had already had a pretty rough morning, since he seemed to be clumsier than he usually is. After getting out of bed this morning, he got his socks wet as he was about to put his shoes on. Agitated, he placed his shoes on the table, and in the process, knocked over several items, including Tsukishi- I mean a salt shaker. When he rushed outside to leave for school, he accidentally spooked two groups of magpies and crows, who seemed to be eating something that was spilled on the ground. It was a weird morning.

The rest of the team could clearly see Bokuto stressing, and began to get a little worried themselves. Something just didn't feel right.

"I'm sure everything's fine Bokuto," Konoha reassured him. "You know Akaashi would find a way to tell you if something was truly wrong."

Bokuto didn't say anything. His lack of response made Konoha uneasy, so he turned to talk to the others. Just then, Bokuto received a text. His eyes lit up, thinking it was Akaashi, but his hopes soon feel when he read the name. 'Kubroo'

"Hey, can you take a call right now? It's super important."

Bokuto thought for a second. 'What's Kuroo's definition of important? I'm not really in the mood for any jokes right now.' After pondering for a second, he responded with "yeah," and headed outside.

"Bro have you talked to Kenma?"

"No, why?"

"He didn't come to school today and I can't reach him. He's never done something like this before and I'm low key freaking out dude. What if something happened?" Kuroo's voice sounded frantic. Bokuto had never heard Kuroo sound so worried.

"No, I haven't talked to Kenma. Have you talked to Akaashi? He's not here either."

"Akaashi too? What the fuck is going on bro. You don't think somebody kidnapped them? Or killed th...." Kuroo went silent for a second.

"Kuroo? You there?"

"Bokuto... what if they're dead?"

Silence fell between the boys. Neither of them wanted to believe it, but it was a possibility.

"Kuroo...Akaashi's car wasn't at his house this morning. They're probably at Kenma's. If they're not, then we'll look elsewhere."

"Okay...meet you there in ten bro?"

"Yeah...meet you there in ten."

a/n: hi there! thanks for reading this chapter. did you know that in Japanese and Chinese culture, the number 4 is unlucky. but in Haikyuu, Bokuto wears the number 4, because Fukurodani is one of the schools where it is custom for their ace to wear the number 4. just thought that was a fitting detail for what's about to happen :)) stay trippy.💚🛸