Chapter 25 (Finale): Love

🥀"The sun will rise, and we will try again."🥀

"Akaashi, you can let go now. We need to go grab Kuroo and Kenma so we can leave," Bokuto spoke softly as he attempted to pry himself free of Akaashi's tight grasp around his waist. It had been about an hour and a half since Akaashi and the others had arrived at the hospital. Kuroo and Kenma were still off somewhere and it would be getting dark in an hour or so. 

"I don't want to let go. Never again. I'm so stupid for not calling, or texting you to tell you I wouldn't be at school and I hate myself for it. God, I'm so selfish! I'm sorry Bokuto. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

Bokuto sighed as he gave up, and relaxed into the hospital bed. He knew Akaashi blamed himself for what happened, and he hated that.

"Never say that again," Bokuto stated sternly as he processed what Akaashi had just said.

"Wha-What?"

"Never say you hate yourself again. I don't care if I die ten times over. I don't care if you become one of the most hated people in the world. NEVER hate yourself. Love yourself Akaashi."

Akaashi stared at the 3rd year's golden eyes, as his own started to fill with tears.

"Bo I can't-"

"Why not?"

The raven haired male stared at his boyfriend's face as he scrambled to find the right words to defend himself.

"I don't know how.." he whispered.

"Wha-"

"I SAID I DON'T KNOW HOW!" Akaashi screamed, finally letting all his confused emotions poor out of him.

"I don't know what love is! I don't how to love! I have never loved myself! What makes you think I'm capable of loving others?!"

Bokuto didn't know what to say. Akaashi...didn't know how to love? Maybe he just doesn't understand.

"Beau, what do you think this is?" Bokuto asked as he gently stroked Akaashi's hair. (Bokuto calls Akaashi 'Beau' since Akaashi calls Bokuto 'Bo')

"Huh?"

"You, Kenma, Kuroo, and I. The bond that we have. What do you call it?"

Akaashi had to ponder for a minute. He had never really thought about it.

"I'm not one who likes to label things, and none of us have bothered to do so anyway, so I don't really know.."

Bokuto let out a soft chuckle as he pulled Akaashi's face away from his chest.

"Akaashi. I am love. You are love. We are love," Bokuto pressed his forehead against Akaashi's breathing in that soft mellow scent as if it would be the last breath he took. "This is love."

Any embarrassment or pride Akaashi had before now was out the window splattered on the ground somewhere. He threw his arms around Bokuto again as he cried, repeating the same line over and over, hoping Kenma and Kuroo could hear, or even feel, the heaviness of his words. And he meant them with every part of his body.

"I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I've always loved you. I always will love you. I'll learn to love all of you better. I love you Bo. I love you Calico. I love you Ku. I love you all so much!"

Bokuto knew Akaashi meant it as he settled his arms back around the crying setter. Things would be alright. As long as love remained.

~1 month later~

"SURPRISE!!!" 

Oikawa jumped at the sudden presence of people in his house as he entered one late Tuesday afternoon.