Chapter 12: Forever and Always

🥀"Sometimes only one person is missing, and the whole world seems depopulated."🥀

Everyone knew that no practice was gonna get done for a while. The impact of Bokuto's accident was felt across all the connected schools. Aoba Johsai, Karasuno, Date Tech, Nekoma, Johzenji, Fukurodani, Shiratorizawa, and other volleyball clubs decided to meet and have a "sleepover" in the gym so everyone could grieve at once.

Bokuto wasn't dead, but it felt like it. Just like Inuoka, he was in the hospital, in somewhat of a coma. Both students luckily ended up in the same hospital, so when their teammates wanted to visit, they could visit both.

Everyone sat in the gym in silence. The only sound that could be heard was the quiet sobs of some and the soft condolences of others.

Kuroo let Kenma nap in his lap, knowing this was the only way to keep him from stressing.

Akaashi sat in a back room staring out the window at the storm brewing outside, hoping no one would come to look for him.

Everyone knew Bokuto could die, but nobody wanted to accept it. Losing the ace and captain of a powerhouse school like Fukurodani was sure to effect all connected schools. Not just that, but so many people would be losing something. Some losing a lover. Some losing a role model. But most importantly, everyone would be losing a friend.

"Akaashi? Is it okay if I come in?"

Akaashi flinched at the sudden presence behind him, but was relieved to see it was just Suga.

"Yeah, come on in."

Suga walked into the back room and sat next to Akaashi. They sat in silence, until another voice spoke up.

"Mind if we join you guys too?"

Akaashi and Suga quickly turned around to see Semi, Shirabu, Miya, Oikawa, Kageyama, Moniwa, Yahaba, and Kenma all silently peering through the doorway.

Suga sent a worried look to Akaashi, knowing this was a lot more people than he might be comfortable around. But Akaashi simply gave a weak smile and motioned for his friends to enter the room. Everyone made themselves comfortable, and sat quietly, enjoying each other's presence.

"Oh! I almost forgot," Atsumu said reaching into his bag and pulling out a small blue container. "Osamu made these for you, since we knew you liked them so much," Atsumu said handing the container to Akaashi. Opening the container, Akaashi softly giggled at the contents.

"Ah. Osamu's 'famous' onigiri. Please be sure to tell him I said thank you. And thank you too Miya."

Atsumu smiled in response, and turned his attention to Oikawa to make sure he was okay.

"Hey Suga..."

Suga turned his attention to the blonde boy sitting behind him.

"Hey Shirabu! We haven't talked in forever," Suga said with his usual grin on his face. He wanted to try and keep everyone's spirits high, knowing that it would all come back to haunt him later.

Suga and Shirabu talked, which finally allowed Semi to relax, content with the fact that Shirabu's attention was not on their most recent argument.

As the room got quiet again, everyone felt somewhat at peace. They all sat and watched the now violent storm rage on outside. Until Akaashi spoke up.

"You know, Bokuto hates thunder storms. If he was awake right now, he'd probably be freaking out and clinging onto me, yelling something like 'Agaaaaaaasheeeeeee don't let the angry winds blow me away.'" Everyone laughed, each one of them knowing Bokuto's antics all too well.

Akaashi looked around the room and smiled. All of his fellow setters, all of his friends were here for him. Each one of them going through their own problems, but still, they were there.

"I have to be the luckiest person in the world..." Akaashi looked at the setters and smiled. "to have amazing friends like you guys."

As Suga saw a tear roll down Akaashi's face, he turned and nodded to the other setters. Suddenly all of them started shuffling and moving closer together, until all of them had enclosed Akaashi in one big group hug.

"Hey Akaashi?"

Akaashi looked up to see all the setters with tear stained faces as they all spoke at once.

"We love you."

Akaashi couldn't stop the tears anymore as he let them freely flow down his face as he laughed and hugged the group tighter.

"Forever and always."

a/n: omg I just finished reading Bj Alex and I feel like a puddle of burnt emotions. That's how good it was. Also, Happy Birthday Hinata Shoyou!! Omg we love you so much! Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter and are enjoying the book in general. I hope I start to get feedback soon.🥺 anyway, stay trippy guys.💚🛸