A Pale Mistake

WARNING!! THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS A SUICIDE ATTEMPT, IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO THAT THAN PROCEED WITH CAUTION!!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There was a lot of walking involved in trying to find Pale. Walk this way, walk that way, Lose map to a weird gust of wind, not get exploded, run into Isma halfway through the rout you were supposed to be taking-

"My group got lost after someone held the map upside-down, and I ditched them in the crossroads." She explained while sitting on her head in Greenpath. Weird place if you were to ask yourself. It was a weird sight. She also thought you were Hollow, so when you whipped out a tablet to tell her you weren't she wasn't even surprised. "Your eyes are too close together for you to be hollow." Were all the female knights rude or is that just a thing in royalty?

Isma gave you a leaf to focus on so you couldn't complain. in your world, food is food, even if its green and slimy. The dude, whom you'd nicknamed "Some random dude" was silent throughout the entirety of the journey. Every once in a while, you swore you saw a white cloak sweep around a corner. You didn't point it out, but you noted it. You found yourself in The Howling Cliffs nearly a day later. You guys had stopped somewhere along the way and set up camp. Isma found a weird blob and you poked it with a stick. Nothing happened. Isma was actually really nice, and liked reading and kicking around stuff like bottles. Weird hobby, but youre a human in a vessels world, so you were in no place to say any thing.

Other than that, nothing much happened. So much for grand exciting adventure. You and your team of weirdos found a hut with lights on inside and you gave Isma a smug look before S L I D I N G over to it and knocking. What greeted you was interesting. "GORB!!!!" You jumped and landed on your butt. Isma and Random Dude laughed. You made a light, airy giggle. Eventually everyone was a giggling mess.

Eventually, you and your new friends all sat under a crevice in the rock, posing as a sort of roof. You cuddled up to Isma and Random dude was reading something on a scroll he had with him. Everyone was at peace until Isma gasped and picked you up. "Listen carefully." She said seriously, with a hint of panic in her eyes. "Run that way. And dont stop until you see something. Trust me, a crazy thought just hit me and I am praying I'm wrong."

"Be right back!" Isma jumped up and ran in a similar direction and you followed. You had no idea what was about to happen. The wind picked up and you had to fight to keep your balance. You came to a cliff and looked down at the very long drop below. What did she mean by "I'm praying I'm wrong?" You were still stumped by that.

Quite sadly, Your question was answered as you looked up and to the left to a cliff around 20 feet higher and your stomach dropped. There he was, standing dangerously close to the edge. The Pale King. Aaaaaannnd it clicked. He was going to jump wasnt he?!

You climbed up the ledge fairly fast and got his attention. He glanced over his shoulder and his eyes went wide. He turned to face you and his foot was so close to the edge that if he moved even a half an inch more he would fall to his inevitable demise. You put your arms in a X form and tried to beg and plead for him to stop without a voice. You didn't necessarily like him but this was extreme.

A tear rolled down his pale face and he rasped out "I'm sorry..." Before...

It happened in slow motion. He threw himself off the cliff and you ran but not fast enough. If you had a voice, you would've screamed. Void tears flowed from your eyes and you stared down at the mist below that he fell through. Snow started falling and you silently sobbed. Why were you crying?! He killed so many people.

Meanwhile, at the base of the cliff...

Pale fell through the mist and Isma opened her arms, preparing to catch him. "I GOT HIM!!" and... "I DONT GOT HIM" and he faceplanted next to her and she looked down in horror. She shrieked and picked him up. His perfect mask now had a jagged crack and blood started flowing from it. As a bug, Isma had never seen it before but she didn't need anyone to tell her this was a bad thing.

Running as fast as she could, she re climbed the cliff with Pale on her back and called out "CHILD!! WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS..." She thought for a second. "DELICATE!! HELP!" She made up the name on the spot and named her after Ze'mer's favorite flower. Either way, sobbing or not you came to her aid and helped pull them up, before running to Dirtmouth at an incredible speed and catching a stag.

The poor stag didnt even have a chance to ask before Isma yelled "NO TIME!! Hidden Station Please." And you were off.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When you arrived, there were already people there, and they somehow had figured that their King had tried to end his own life and medics were standing by as well as Mom, who looked petrified and unnatural. You remained on the stag after everyone was off and out of the station. No One tried to stop you. You eventually hopped off and sat at a bench, alone with your thoughts. Mom was sad and that made you sad. And then you remembered Random Dude. He was still there. In Howling Cliffs. Alone. Oh boy...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Someone probably saw that coming. Anyway, as usual, Sorry for errors, Erase and Ascend, be safe.