Out with the Secrets

Sighing, Pale flopped down onto his bed and closed his eyes. "Tired?" Mom asked, sitting in the corner of the room reading a book. He opened one eyes and quietly replied with "Yes."

She looked at him sympathetically. "Hornets a handful isn't she?" Pale nodded and Mom flopped next to him. She pinched one of his cheeks and giggled. "Stop. Please." "No, never!" Pale squirmed away and Mom caught him in her arms. Pale tried to move away again but couldn't this time, she had a better grip on him. "You win." Pale sighed again and she nuzzled his face.

"I love you dear."

"I love you too."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That was epic." You thought at everyone as they tried to catch their breath. You and your evil shade army had caused a whole boatload of mischief. Everything from pranking the guards to rearranging books in the library. You only got caught once, and got a small lecture from Mom about setting an example.

Hornet looked a little worn out and Hollow was laughing so hard they were near collapse. If you had never shown up, they would've had much much more miserable lives. Hollow would be training 24/7 and pretending to be completely hollow. Hornet wouldn't have her mother to raise her and Broken and Flower wouldn't be alive for very much longer.

"Heck, I should visit more often!" Hornet beamed like the sun and everyone laughed. "She really should, I've known her for less than ten hours and she's like a best friend and a sibling in one! Almost like you Rift." You smiled with your eyes and thought "This is arguably the best day of my life. I'm so glad that I just showed up here from Earth-" You stopped dead. Oh shoot.

The vessels all stared at you. "I'm kidding... I'm kidding guys." "No, you're not." You looked at Hollow Surprised. "You've been muttering strange things since you woke up. I'm tired of you keeping secrets. By tonight, if I don't know whats up with you, I can and will tell Mom and Dad." You shuddered. Damn.

You sighed heavily. "Wanna go back to the library so I can fess up?" Hollow nodded and Flower and Broken stood by. "Uh, what's going on?" Hornet asked. You took the notepad you stashed in your purple colored cloak and wrote "I think I need to tell you all something."

Hornet sat down with the others with the notepad. You had written down what you wanted to say and she was going to read it aloud to everyone. "So, guys, I apologize for not telling you Hollow and sorry I dragged you into this Flower and Broken. Hornet too." They all exchanged glances.

"So, one day, it was the first day of school on another planet all together. This planet was called Earth. Weird name right? So, on Earth I was a creature called a Human. Humans were boring creatures, no sense of humor nor any interesting powers. It was the first day of hell, as in school, and I was a huge fan of a game called Hollow Knight. Games are like mini worlds where you play as a character and interact with the fake environment. None of it was real."

Hollow looked like they understood and Flower looked a little lost. "Hollow Knight was about this universe during the infection. I wont say much more in case I completely change the world more than I already have. But after school, on my way home, I was kidnapped or something and died probably, somehow being transformed into a vessel. And here I am now. Your lives would be absolute hell if I didn't show up. Hornet, your mom wouldn't be alive to raise you and you would be cold and a little salty about it. Hollow, you would've been sacrificed and fail to save the world. Flower, Broken, you would be dead."

Hornet finished reading out loud and looked at you in shock. You stared at the ground in guilt and shame. You never should've never opened your mouth. "That's quite the story." Everyone looked around in surprise. Radi turned a corner and leaned on a bookshelf. Hollow screeched and hid behind a pillow. Flower tilted her head and asked "Whos she?"

"Who are you?" Hornet asked with her usual wide eyes curious stare. "Its me, the Radiance, just lamer." "OOOOOHHHH, Moth mom. Hello!" "MOTH MOM?!" Radi looked taken aback. "Kiddo, I'm like, 20 years old in Moth Years! I am not old enough to be a mother!!" "Eh, whatever. What are you doing here? And Rifts a great story teller right?"

"Yeah, they are. Especially because its true." "It is?! I thought they was making it up." Hornet dramatically drew out the "thought" and gave her a look. Radi sat down next to you and shrugged "I'm the same way." "WHAT?!" Everyone thought and said at once. She nodded. "I was a human once too. Forever ago, it was like, 1980 or something like that when I got dared to go through a portal, didn't survive, and woke up as a baby moth in another kingdom."

"Woah." Hollow looked amazed. "I only ever told one guy named Lavender or some girly name like that. He was smug sure, but he could keep a secret." Radi smiled and her thick accent kinda made it a little hard to understand. It was a weird mix of Brittish and something you couldn't quite place.

You looked at her in awe. She pet your head and said "Sadly I havent found a way home, but I'll take you with me maybe when I do." You leaned into her floof and sighed happily. You werent alone, for once-

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HMMMMMMMMMM Ok, remember the challenge from like, yesterday? Its still going, Ive had two people guess and neither of the are right. But they were close, they both guessed that she is related to Ogrim. And she is, so if you wanna guess go right ahead. Erase and ascend, peace.