Trouble

Almost unironically, you felt Pale shift and sigh. He pushed you off and pushed a blanket over his head, hiding him from view. Huffing, you tried to move the blanket. He must be awake because he was holding on to it like his life depended on it. Refusing to give up, you crawled back down to the end of the bed and slipped under the covers there. Inching your way to him, you felt him try to kick you out and that made you more determined to give him a proper snuggle.

You made it to his chest before he pushed you with his hands and growled "Kid, leave me alone." You know what you did? You pushed him back and crawled to his face, where you hugged his face and refused to let go. He froze, clearly afraid that with one wrong move the crack or something would irritate and get worse. You knew what you wanted and knew exactly how to get it too. letting go a few moments later, you looked him in the eyes and snuggled up to him.

"You never give up do you?" His voice was tired and quiet, but it was clear that he just wanted to be left alone. Did you give two iotas of a crap? Nope. You heard the door open and he closed his eyes and pretended to be asleep. You did the same, remembering all those late nights you had spend reading when you were a little younger. When ever your parents got suspicious you were up past your bedtime, they would come to check, so you usually threw the book aside, hid the flashlight and played dead. The moment they left you just picked the book back up and kept going. Fun times those were. You almost missed it.

You were realizing that the longer you stayed here, the less you wanted to go home. As much as you missed your family and friends, you felt accepted and you felt you belonged here. Unlike there. You felt the someone who came in walk past Pale and go to your side before reaching under and pulling you out by the scruff of your neck. Moms slightly angry eyes met yours and you went limp. It was at this moment that you knew: you fucked up.

"You should be asleep." she said in a deadly calm voice. Pale was propped up behind Mom giving you the smuggest look you had ever had to joy of receiving. This was revenge wasn't it? For giving his a smug look and waltzing out while he was getting lectured. Understandable. Mom held you in a way that no one could escape from and walked out with you. Pale waved and continued playing asleep. What an asshole-

Rather that being taken back to the dark room where your sibling was, Mom wandered around the palace for a while before you fell into a peaceful sleep. And when you woke up... You didn't even need to look around for too long for your stomach to drop and realize "Oh shoot, I'm in Deepnest." Hornet was starring at you in the creepiest way imaginable and Mom was no where in sight. How nice.

"Wow, you're not dead." she said. Hornet was small, wide eyed and looked to be no older than you. Very different from in game Hornet. You gave her a blank look and sat up, confused on why you were in Deepnest. "Your mom came by and asked us to watch you because Onion head and Forkface got in trouble. Again." Onion head? Forkface? Did she mean Isma and Dryya? What did they do? "Something about all of Time and Space being messed with a someone named Pha'Talo time travelling. Or at least thats what I got out of the conversation in a language I don't know too well. And this Pha'Talo guys is looking for someone named '(y/n)'. What a weird name." Oh. Ok then. This world just keeps getting more and more screwed up because of you. You decided not to think about that and instead think about beans or something. How concerning.

Either way, you passed out shortly after laying down to contemplate every decision you ever made and wonder where you went wrong, so either way you didnt have too much time to think anyway. A lot of info in such a short time, and it was hard to make sense of it. Perhaps someone will explain properly soon ish.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Now you two." Mom said in a serious voice, looking at the two female warriors tied to chairs in a dark room. "You know exactly why your here. Now cough up everything you know about who Rift actually is." "..." Neither of them answered. "Please?" still no response. "What can I do to get you guys to talk?" "Nothing, we wont. Because we know next to nothing. If you want information, ask Collector or something. I'm sure HE would be of more use rather than two female knights with next to no sanity left-" Dryya snapped. Isma gulped and blurted "Theyre from another dimension and were killed, reincarnated and remembers everything. Thats how they can write, have a mind of their own and a very strong will." "ISMA! WHAT PART OF 'WE WONT TELL HER ANYTHING' DID YA MISS?" Isma looked at the ground and remained quiet. "Ok, Thanks."

Mom snapped and the ropes disappeared, allowing them to leave, but not before she scooped the two up into one of her signature hugs. Dryya tried to fight but Isma remained limp. "Does that mean were not in trouble?" She asked hopefully. "No, youre still in trouble for putting Pales older brother in a cage in crystal peak, And the Pretending to be eachother prank from two months ago." Isma and Dryya gave eachother looks of "Send help" and Mom just kept on hugging.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Whats this? Two chapters in the same week?! What is this sorcery!? Just me being bored. Thank you for 30 hearts and 1,000 reads on QuoteV though! The plot just thickened a lot more. I'm not too happy with this but I can fix it if you guys think I can make it better. This is meant to be kinda confusing, but either way, hope you liked it as usual, erase and ascend, peace.

Feel free to guess how Isma knows who you are- You'll never get it right.