Ch.5 Funny feeling

He could've probably found the light switch somewhere on the wall but he decided to just walk along to the right, sticking his arm out to feel for a door handle.

——————————————————————————————————————————— <3

Goggles quickly found himself in Rider's bathroom and switched the light on; it was just big enough to fit a shower/bathtub, a toilet and the sink and mirror right across from the door. The inkling boy took a moment to look at himself, he had bags under his eyes and chapped lips. I look miserable.

He sighed and quickly changed into the clothes Rider had provided him with. The black shirt almost reached past his hip, the shorts' waistband barely hanging on. But something was so comforting to Goggles about wearing Rider's clothing.

„Maybe it's his smell? Ugh, you freak... Maybe I should just wear more oversized shirts", the boy thought and shook his head, in an attempt to get his mind sorted. He sighed and smiled to himself in the mirror, this time genuinely.

Right before Goggles was about to enter Rider's room again, he hesitated. His heart started pounding quickly, he could feel himself blush... Why was he suddenly feeling this way? „Pull yourself together, idiot!", he muttered and pushed the handle down.

Rider sat on his bed, he had changed into a white shirt and light gray shorts, scrolling through something on his phone. He looked up as he noticed Goggles standing in the doorframe.

„Are you planning to stay there or what?", he asked teasingly.

„Uh, no!", Goggles answered slightly flustered, „I'm... uh gonna sleep on the couch, righ-?" He jumped back and gasped as lightning struck followed by thunder, which left Goggles clutching his chest.

Rider must've seen Goggles' look of pure terror, when he stood up and asked if he was okay, seeming unwillingly worried. The blue inkling just nodded briefly and looked down to his feet, to hide his tearful eyes.

„You know...you could stay here with me, if you want", Rider said softly. Goggles gaped at him in disbelief. Since when was Rider so caring? The boy opened his mouth, ready to answer, but Rider came before him.

„I-I mean just because I don't want you freaking out in my living room", he added quickly upon noticing his friend's surprised look and Goggles swears to have caught him blushing faintly.

„Ah no - I mean yes! I mean... y-yeah I'd like that...", he stuttered, while simultaneously trying not to sound too nervous or excited.
Excited? Why am I excited?

Rider smiled at Goggles' response, and left him getting a funny feeling in his stomach as he closed the door and cheerfully jumped on the soft mattress, which made the bed squeak.

„Tck..! Careful", Rider hissed and punched the shorter boy teasingly. Even though it didn't particularly hurt, Goggles was still taken aback but didn't let it show and forced a chuckle. He knew he wasn't being serious. Then why do I care so much?

Goggles removed his headgear and placed it on Rider's bedside table, who then turned the lights off and layed down to the smaller one's right. „Ahh man, I love facing the wall!" he pouted internally, eventually closed his eyes and a few moments passed.

„I can't believe this", Goggles lost himself in thoughts, „why does my heart feel like it's about to explode?" He could hear his heartbeat over the rain and thunderstorm, pounding in his ears. „Am I going crazy? It's just Rider, for cod's sake..." Trying to calm himself down, he took a deep breath and opened his eyes, just staring at the ceiling.

„That's just what friends do, helping each other out", he thought further, feeling his heartbeat calm to a somewhat normal rate. Friends? „Yep, just friends" He blinked. Something about this word deeply saddened him.

——————————————————————————————————————————— <3

A funny feeling, eh?
(Also I can't belive somebody actually read this book!! <3)
16.06.2020
655 words