Ch.6 Worrying

It was early morning, Bobble Hat happily skipped along the sidewalk, intentionally splashing puddles that had formed the night before. She was on her way back home, to leave her bag and get her slosher before attending Team Blue's morning training. She thought about waking Goggles when she entered their home, not knowing he wasn't even here.

Bobble Hat usually let him sleep in, since her friend seemed so tired every time he eventually did show up for practice. „A little more sleep wouldn't hurt him", she always told herself. But today Bobbles feared that Goggles would be too tired to want to leave his bed, since thunderstorms usually kept him up all night.

„Goggles? I'm home!", Bobble Hat exclaimed cheerfully. She waited for a response. Silence. The inkling girl tossed her bag to the side and went to go knocking on her housemate's bedroom door. Still no answer. Bobbles opened the door slowly, peeking inside. „Where-", she murmured under her breath. The girl stepped inside, taking a look around. Where was Goggles? Did he leave already? „Maybe he gave up on trying to sleep", Bobble Hat presumed and left to get her slosher.

She hurried down the streets, watching the passing cars and bikes, wishing she had one of her own. Bobbles arrived just in time, entered the train and started looking for an empty window seat. The girl loved leaning her head against it, watching the station fade away in the distance. Bobble Hat could've easily gone by foot, but the trainride gave her time to breathe and collect her thoughts about yesterday night.

After stepping out and walking towards the Inkopolis Square, where Specs, Headphones and Goggles would presumably wait for her, the girl glanced at her phone. Goggles didn't respond to last night's text, even though he'd read it. „He probably forgot", thought Bobbles and now saw her friends in the distance. She waved. They waved back, but Bobble Hat couldn't spot Goggles with them.
Maybe in one of the shops?

„Hey! Where's Goggles?", the short haired inkling girl exclaimed joyfully.

„Hi. Still at home, I suppose", Specs stated, somewhat annoyed.

„But he's not" Bobbles tilted her head slightly, thinking back to his empty room.

„Huh. Maybe you missed him?", Headphones suggested, chiming into their conversation.

Bobble Hat shook her head, she was sure he would've noticed her. Worry started to build up as the atmosphere had this tense feeling to it.

„Weird..." , Specs broke the silence, „He's probably taking his time going by foot." Bobbles knew he was just trying to calm them down. Goggles always took the train...

„Goggles always takes his time! You know Goggles", Headphones said and chuckled, lighting the mood a bit.

The team walked towards Crusty Sean's shop, taking a seat at one of the tables next to it. The sun shining down, making Bobbles regret wearing her hoodie. Specs kept looking at the time, followed by annoyed sighs or grunts.

„Sooo...", Headphones started, „tell me everything about yesterday!"

Bobble Hat blushed, thinking back to last nights events. She told her friend that they've just been chilling and playing games, nothing special. „Hah, if they knew", she thought.

„Mind telling me who it is..?", Headphones asked further, wearing a cheeky smile.

„Mask", giggled Bobbles and held her hand over her mouth.

„No way!", gasped Headphones, Specs looked surprised but didn't say anything.

Bobble Hat just nodded. Why were people making such a fuzz about it?

„Is it something serious?" Headphones was clearly curious.

The short haired girl just shrugged and smiled like always and time flew by, the sun wandering across the sky, higher and higher. No sign of Goggles. „I'll text him", said Specs and already started typing something on his phone, presumably to their missing friend. Bobbles Hat sighed.

——————————————————————————————————————————— <3

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! :D
16.06.2020
642 words