Ch.10 Tensions

Goggles stood behind Headphones as she rang the bell at Team Pink's door. Everybody wore some more casual clothes, including Goggles in a black hoodie. He was still tired and gloomy feeling, but Rider had texted him saying he'd be at Aloha's party too. That made him feel a little better about not spending the evening in bed, contemplating life or whatever... Goggles was confused on why he was feeling so emotional lately. Finally, Aloha showed up to the front door:

„Hey guys! Come on in~", he chimed while stepping aside to let them pass.

Team Blue walked in to a big open living room, holding a giant TV and a long couch. Goggles recognized the rest of Team Pink handing out drinks, Mask and his team members occupying the TV with playing games, Team Purple chatting and eating snacks and many more familiar faces. No sign of Army's team or... Rider. The blue inkling began to panic as his teammates split up to each take part in some activity or starting a conversation. I don't want to be here!

„Goggles?", he heard a voice behind him as he tried to find a place to hide and turned around.

„Rider!", Goggles sighed in relief and jumped in for a hug. To his surprise, Rider went with it, not complaining or showing any kind of dislike. „I thought you changed your mind or something...", the blue boy whispered.

„I wouldn't lie to you", Rider said softly as the two separated. Goggles smiled and felt his cheeks glowing. Why was this making him so happy? Why did Rider's company feel so much more special and loving than his teammates'? Or was he just imagining things..?

„Anyways... let's get some drinks or something", the lime inking suggested and started blushing as well.

They made their way to a table with all kinds of food items and „juices" and grabbed some drinks. Goggles and Rider then plopped themselves down on the couch, watching Mask and Bobble Hat go at each other in some game.

Goggles really wanted to do something cute, like leaning on Riders shoulder or similar, but he couldn't muster up his courage. „Since when did you loose your ability to be annoying?", he thought to himself and sighed audibly.

„I don't know how many times I already asked you in the last 24 hours, but are you okay?", Rider said raising an eyebrow upon hearing Goggles' sigh.

He just shrugged and took a sip out of his red plastic cup. Kind of gross tasting. But he took another sip to avoid talking about his problems, since Goggles didn't really know what he would say even if he'd open up.
„What is my problem, exactly?", he thought.

How come Goggles always tried his best to make everyone around him happy, but lately fails to be himself? Where did his motivation to win turf wars and hang out with friends go? All he wanted to do was be alone and cry, which frustrated him.

„Tck.." Rider was clearly annoyed, but Goggles didn't know what to do about it. He continued to watch Mask and Bobble Hat play and thought about what he could say or do.

„You're cheating!!", Bobbles cried upon being beaten again mercilessly.

„I'm just better than youu", Mask defended himself and Goggles cound swear he was grinning under the Annaki Mask he was wearing for a change. It was probably a ton comfier than his Gas Mask.

„Rematch!", Bobble Hat shouted cheerfully and they got back to playing. How boring.

The weird tension between Rider and him made Goggles extremely uncomfortable so he offered to bring their empty cups away in an attempt to flee the situation. The yellow green boy just nodded briefly and handed it over.

The shorter inkling made his way to Aloha's kitchen, where he assumed he would find a bin to throw the cups away. While doing so, Goggles heard some small commotion including Aloha's and Army's voice. So Army did come over? The boy thought nothing of it and walked back into the main room, seeing the party host and the newly arrived Army lean against the wall talking.

„...glad you could make it afterall", Aloha said smirking.

„My team deserved a break, I didn't know there were that many people", the orange inkling answered rather blankly.

„Heh...yeah. The news spread like wildfire. But I'm sure we'd be alone in my bedroom~", the pink boy stated suggestively, rubbing his neck and blushing.

„Uh...anyways, I'm.. going to put my coat away", Army said embarrassed and promptly left. „Ouch, that was painful to witness", Goggles cringed internally.

Aloha just stood there for a moment, his smirking face turning into a blank and slightly disappointed expression. Disappointed in Army's reaction or his own actions?

Goggles decided to walk over, as it hurt to see the party lad like that.

„Hey Aloha!", the blue boy chimed and put his best fake smile on.

„Ah hey", he answered quietly, still looking after Army with drooping ears.

„Well, that just backfired, huh?", Goggles continued.

„You could say so- wait you heard the whole thing?!", Aloha screeched gaping at Goggles embarrassed, his blush intensifying.

„Yeah..", Goggles chuckled and looked at his friend sympathetically, „but don't worry about it, you know Army" He smiled slightly.

„Uh yeah. I guess you're right. I just can't think clearly around him and-", he stopped and looked away flustered but seemed to calm down a bit and sighed. The pink inkling was now lost in thoughts, staring at something nobody could see. Googles looked to the floor.

„I know what it's like", he whispered under his breath.

——————————————————————————————————————————— <3

I don't want monday to come, writing is a good escape from worrying all the time ;)
21.06.2020
963 words