Ch.12 Harmful

The sun was setting and the lights were turned on. They spent their time chilling on the bed, being on their phone in silence, which was somewhat calming.

(Perspective can change multiple times, especially in the beginning, because I wanted to write about how they were both feeling in the situation. I'm sorry for any confusion!!)

WARNING: hints at SELF HARM (MILD)
——————————————————————————————————————————— <3

Goggles started yawning a lot and Rider suggested going to sleep. „He was staying over?", the blue boy thought excited. They got up and Rider took his leather jacket off.

„You... want some clothes from me?"

„I'm good. I'll just sleep in my shirt", the taller inkling said, now in his red t-shirt. He didn't think anything would fit him anyways.

Rider threw his jacket over the desk chair and Goggles quickly changed into a shirt, and stupidly forgot about the-

„Oh my cod Goggles, what did you do??", his eyes were bound to the shorter boy's arms, which were covered in bruises all over.

„N-Nothing!", Goggles exclaimed frantically, he can't let him know! He'd think he's gone crazy „I-I just tripped and fell! You know me, clumsy as ever..!", was the best he could come up with on the spot. In hindsight, it would've been smarter to think of an excuse earlier.

„Goggles...", Rider said under his breath with a terrified expression and carefully grabbed the blue boy's arm to get a better look at it. Large blue and purplish bruises covered both his arms. Please don't see through me this once!

The boy with piercing green eyes looked back at Goggles. „I know that you're lying..."

He gulped. „I-It's not what it seems, really! Please just trust me!" Tears started to form in his eyes. Hold it back, damn it!

Rider just slowly shook his head, not in disappointment, more in... disbelief. He just couldn't grasp on why his friend would even be doing such a thing, Goggles of all people?

„Why though, Goggles?", he continued quietly. The blue boy looked up at him for a moment.

„I don't know!", the shorter boy started sobbing, „I didn't want to! Please don't tell anybody, please! I'm so sorry I don't know what came over me! Please don't be mad" His sobs turned to uncontrollable crying and Goggles felt like he'd messed up badly.

„Wait-! Wait, hold on! I-It's okay, just...", Rider struggled to make proper sentences. He was overwhelmed with emotions, shocked over Goggles hurting himself and mad to have made him cry again and felt incredibly horrible. Be softer with him, damn it!

The yellow green inkling was conflicted on what to do next so he simply pulled Goggles into a hug again, as it seemed to have helped last time. Maybe that's all he needs...

Goggles refused at first, trying to pull back, confused about the sudden affection he was receiving but eventually gave in and enjoyed it, feeling a faint blush forming. He wished he would've known about Rider's caring and understanding nature, so the blue inkling could've had someone to trust and talk to... it's not like he didn't trust his teammates, he was simply worried about their reaction.

„I was so frustrated about the battles...", Goggles had the courage to begin explaining.
„I-I know it was all my fault...I didn't focus at all, I basically did nothing", he whispered, swallowed his tears and continued: „When we got home, I felt horrible and...and I just couldn't hold it back" He still held onto Rider tightly, waiting for a response. I had to punish myself, it's that simple...

„Just tell someone next time you feel the urge, alright? I get you, don't worry. I won't tell anybody as long as you're not ready", he said calmly, slowly pulling away again.

„Let's go to bed, you look like you could use some sleep", Rider chuckled, acting more like his usual self again. Which Goggles didn't really mind, not wanting to think about this any longer.

After they finished getting ready, barely exchanging any words, Rider climbed into Goggles' bed. He looked at him and smiled, gesturing to come in already. The blue boy felt butterflies in his stomach as he did so, sitting next to his taller guest. He removed his headgear, setting it on the bedside table carefully and turned the lights off.

Now Goggles just laid there, in the dark, to Rider's left, trying to prevent his thoughts from taking over. But to no avail.

He was at the verge of crying again thinking about the party and Rider finding out about his lack of self control. Goggles knew he'd regret the bruising but he didn't understand why the party had messed him up so badly...was it all the people potentially watching him? The amout of noise slowly getting more irritating? Or was it the fact that Aloha now knew he had fallen for somebody? Goggles could only hope he would keep it secret. Nobody can spread rumors with that little amount of information, right? Right...?

He couldn't hold a quiet sob back. Argh carp! Why can't I just shut up?! Goggles thought about how sick Rider had to be of all his whining by now... but he just whispered softly:

„It's okay, you hear me? I'm here." He shuffled his left arm around so he could pull Goggles closer to his body who rolled to his right side, now facing Rider. I've never been this close to him, without being annoying or distracting, of course... He could feel his cheeks glowing.

Rider then started to gently caress the other boy's head and Goggles deared to put his left hand on the taller one's stomach. He took a deep breath. Why was this so calming?

All of the shorter boy's dark thoughts vanished, leaving him to think about Rider, and only Rider. He didn't want to fall asleep anymore, he wanted to savor this moment and stay this way forever. Goggles didn't notice that he had moved his legs so that Rider's left leg was in between both his'. And he didn't seem to mind either.

Goggles didn't feel this safe and loved in years and he never thought he would ever again.

„Why am I so comfortable with him?", he thought as he closed his eyes and slowly fell into a deep sleep.

——————————————————————————————————————————— <3

I hope it wasn't too confusing! I'm happy for any feedback, have a nice day :))
24.06.2020
1080 words