Ch.11 Hugs

„Uh yeah. I guess you're right. I just can't think clearly around him and-", Aloha stopped and looked away flustered but seemed to calm down a bit and sighed. The pink inkling was now lost in thoughts, staring at something nobody could see. Googles looked to the floor.

„I know what it's like", he whispered under his breath.

——————————————————————————————————————————— <3

„W-Wait, what?!", Aloha turned to where Goggles was standing, but he was nowhere to be found. „Huh..."

Rider looked around. Why was Goggles taking so long? Did he ditch me?! He leaned back and crossed his arms, Mask and Bobble Hat have stopped playing by now and were just talking. They were getting along well... Rider didn't want to admit that he envied their chemistry.

„They'd actually make a good couple", the lime boy thought and snorted. He was mad at himself for being jealous and decided to go look for Goggles, to get away from those „lovebirds" and see where his friend was at.

He eventually found Aloha randomly standing around, seeming rather perplexed.

„Hey...uh did you see Goggles somewhere?", Rider asked and tried not to sound like he actually cared.

„We were talking like a minute ago", Aloha answered and looked up at Rider.

„And where is he now..?", Rider wanted to know.

„I dunno. I didn't look for a second and he was gone", the party animal answered.

„Ok. Wow. Thanks anyways" The yellow green inkling walked off. Why were they talking in the first place? Rider checked the kitchen and the living room out again, but to no avail. The only place where he could look now was the hallway to the restrooms.

He didn't have high hopes and already accepted the fact that Goggles might have left without him. But no - he walked through the wooden door to the hall and there he was. The blue boy just sat on the floor, Rider couldn't quite grasp on what he was doing as the lights were quite dim.

The taller boy slowly walked towards Goggles, making sure he didn't seem too intimidating. He was now getting a better look at his friend who was sitting on the floor, his face buried in his knees, the legs tucked in close to his chest, arms wrapping around them.

„Goggles?", Rider said softly.

He looked up, eyes widened with a frightful and shocked expression.
„R-Rider", was all he responded.

„What are you doing?", the lime inkling asked gently and kneeled down to be face to face with the blue inkling.

„I-I...I don't know", Goggles answered quietly and broke eye contact.

„Don't you wanna come back?", Rider continued, still being as gentle as possible.

Goggles shook his head slowly.
„No...", he said under his breath, „I-It's all too much for me right now.. all those people and the noise...I don't wanna be here..." He started to weep softly, trying to swallow his tears.

Rider was taken aback at first, he had never seen Goggles cry before, and he never thought he would. But he didn't care right now, the yellow green inkling had to comfort his friend so he sat down next to him and they hugged. It was a long and good hug and the shorter boy's sobs calmed.

„Let's just leave early, alright?", Rider suggested and heavy heartedly pulled back.
Goggles just nodded and they got up, quickly walking past the other guests without them noticing anything out of the ordinary.

The cold evening air filled their lungs as they made their way to Goggle's house, since it wasn't too far away to still get there by foot.

They were about halfway there and Rider could hear Goggles let out some quiet sobs from time to time. He really wanted to do something, but he was never good with people or comforting. Rider was already surprised when the hug calmed his friend down that much; it just felt like the right thing to do for some reason and it worked. Maybe I should do what feels right more often...

The two teenage boys finally arrived and the shorter boy unlocked the door with shaky hands. „Poor thing", Rider thought sadly, wondering how this inkling made him so soft.

Goggles silently put his shoes next to the entrance door and Rider copied him while looking through the room. They were in a larger room with a living room area to the right, an open kitchen to the left and a hallway right across with more rooms.

„Nice place", Rider remarked.

„Thanks", Goggles answered. „But Bobbles mostly keeps it in order", he chuckled.

„Well... what now?" The taller boy asked, happy about the other boy's giggle.

„I don't know..."

„Well, did you eat something before the party?" Rider was still concerned after learning about his friend's breakfast skipping.

„No", the blue inkling said promptly.

„Soo..?"

„I'm not hungry right now. You can eat something if you want though", Goggles offered and pointed to the kitchen area.

„I already had dinner, thanks. But it's getting late and I think you shoul-"

„Nope, I'm good", Goggles interrupted and smiled brightly. Is he faking it? He can't just go from calm to energetic in an instant, right? Rider didn't notice that he was just staring at Goggles and cleared his throat awkwardly.

„Anyways...uh what about you show me your room?", Rider suggested and was genuinely curious on how much of a mess it would be.
Goggles nodded and the mood somewhat lifted as the taller inkling was guided through the short hallway, to the room on the right.

The blue boy grabbed the handle and held the door open so that Rider could enter first. And... it was pretty tidy. Apart from some stuff randomly cluttering shelves - and who knows how bad it looks in his drawers - it was pretty nicely organized. Nothing laying on the floor or his bed at all and Rider was truly surprised.

The sun was setting and the lights were turned on. They spent their time chilling on the bed, being on their phone in silence, which was somewhat calming.

——————————————————————————————————————————— <3

I'm sorry for the wait!
(although i doubt anybody cared :p)
I'll be pretty busy the rest of the week but I'll try my best to update!
23.06.2020
1051 words (new record!)