20~ it's you...

Aye aye aye,,, today is a meSS- I gave up with school work and went to cosplay as a break, then went back to work and it feking crashed on me, then I though 'hey let's be productive and clean'... I got shit out everywhere and my will to do it vanished and I'm sat on the floor doing nothing. Well hey, it reminded me I need to post so here here~~ also, I'm kind of contemplating to post the remaining drafts I have just so you have some more to read and then I'll work on making more today because my sleep schedule is fUUcKeD, what ya think??

Kai's PoV

"Say, Yamamura, we're all going to for a celebration meal. You want to tag along?" Riko asked as I walked with the team.

"Ah, thanks for the offer but Aito's on his way to pick me up now. He wanted to grab some food and catch up a little."

"That's fine, we understand." Hyuga nodded.

"Kai. Are you going to go see Midorima?" Testsuya asked.

"No no no... he doesn't even know I'm here. I don't want to cause any scenes." I shook my head.

"That's right, you're not on good terms with the generation of miracles after what happened, right?" Furihata asked.

"You could say that... well all except two." I held up two fingers.

"Two... one of them is obviously Kuroko but who else?!" Kagami asked.

"Kise." I said.

"Hyuh!!"

"Hm. He came to Miyagi not too long ago. He showed up at a volleyball game and asked to play a one on one with me so he could apologise." I explained.

"Woah..."

"Right after you guys beat him at the practice match." I said putting a thumbs up.

"Heh, well you're here all week right. Come and see us again?" Riko asked.

"Of course I will, who are you guys playing next?"

"Tōō academy." Hyuga said.

"Hm..." I tried to think of anyone I would know from the team.

"Kai. That's Aomine's school."

"HYUH" I yelled a little before rubbing my face.

"Will you be okay watching?"

"I mean, I'm the one that came to Tokyo to watch you guys play... of course I'd see some of them here. I'm definitely watching!" I smiled, trying to hide the fact I'd really rather not run into him.

We all soon came to the exit and watched the rain pouring outside before I spotted Aito at the end of the long path on his bike.

"Ah, I should get going! Testsuya I'll message you so I can meet you guys soon. Good game today!" I said my goodbyes before running out into the rain and towards Aito.

"Finally!" He jokingly huffed before handing me a helmet. I laughed before putting it on and jumping onto the back of the bike.

-

"Aye aye aye..." I groaned as we walked inside Aito's apartment.

"I'm starving! Let's order food." Aito huffed as he flopped down on his sofa and looked through some menus. I dropped down onto the floor by the coffee table and laid down, one arm behind my head and the other on my stomach.

After a while of deciding what we wanted, we settled on a place that Aito claims to have some of the best local food, though they don't do drop offs. I ended up agreeing to walk over a pick it up since the rain began calming down a little.

"So, hows the fam?" Aito asked.

"They're all good, keeping busy as ever with their sports."

"And I hear you started coaching again?"

"Hm. A volleyball team this time. They're all really nice guys, as stupid as they are." I laughed thinking off the team.

After a while of catching up, we decided it was time I should head off to grab the food. I'd been here before a few times with Rhys and I grew up only a little further from this area so I knew where I was going.

"Oi Kai! Stay safe. There's things about you coming back all over bookface, just avoid fan girls and boys yeah? Call me if anything happens." He said.

"Protective as always. I will be, be back soon." I waved as I closed the door.

"Eesh..." I shook off the rain as I stepped into the small restaurant. I took off my muddy shoes and stepped through the small curtains before revealing the place.

Before I had a chance to look around properly, the place almost fell completely silent as all eyes fell on me.

"Oh no..." Furihata mumbled as I spotted him.

"IT CAN GET WORSE!" Hyuga cried.

"AND IT DID!" Koganei joined him.

"H-huh... hey?" I replied questioningly.

"Kaicchi??"

"Huh? Oh Ki-what the hell..." I cut myself off as I saw the table.

Staring at me was Kise sat beside Kuroko and Kagami beside Midorima. The latter with no idea I was here before hand.

"This can't be good..." Someone from the Seirin table muttered.

"Kai..." Kuroko muttered as Midorima looked up from the table and straight into my eyes, the light reflecting off them as he glared at me.

"I'm just here to get food." I said, turning to the counter without another word, not expecting Midorima to want to say anything to me.

The place was almost completely silent, the eyes of others piercing the back of my head as I asked for my order.

"Ah, yes. Give me a few minutes."

"Thanks." I smiled.

"I can feel the tension." Koganei sighed.

"Kaicchi! What are you doing here?!" Kise asked as he walked up beside me.

"Hey Kise. I came up to watch Kuroko play a few games." I smiled, "guess I missed Seirin beating you a second time." I smirked.

"Hm... you got me there." He lowered his head.

"Do the others know?"

"Nope. Only you guys here."

"I see I see..."

"You don't have to try and comfort me or whatever you're trying to do. He clearly doesn't want to talk to me so I won't bother him." I closed my eyes and shook my head.

"Alright." He patted my back before walking away.

After a few more minutes of waiting, I had had enough of one pair of eyes glaring into the back of my head. I stood straight before turning to face the table of four and looked directly at Midorima.

"Okay. I get it if you don't want to talk to me or anything, but please. Stop glaring at me like I'm some kind of bad guy." I said bluntly, my chest feeling tight.

"Here's an order for Kai and Aito."

"Yes. Thank you." I took my order and began walking off.

"Kai." I stopped before walking past the curtains, looking over my shoulder. "Tomorrow, you know..." Midorima said.

"Heh." A smile tugged at my lips, "you got it." I nodded, earning confused look from everyone else.

"Testsuya, keep in touch. I'll see you Seirin guys soon. Oh and bye Kise." I waved before heading off.

Once I stepped outside, I stood there for a moment, collecting my thoughts.

"Tomorrow. You know..."

So he wants to talk I assume. And in a way the others won't realise. I guess he just doesn't want to be seen being a decent guy. Then again, who knows what he wants to say to me...

~