21~ i never knew...

Ladies, gents, peeps, things are about to get going ig— this is kinda the point I guess MORE of Kai's story unravels?? I'll shut up just enjoy—-
バカお黙らせなさい。

**if you read my last a/n, I'm going with the plan to upload the last of my drafts now and then just work as much as I can because it almost summer break for me and I have the time, sorry for messing the schedule up but I'll do my best not to leave you guys too long without an update!!**

Kai's PoV

"Aito!" I called out, walking into the kitchen of his apartment.

"Lazy git." I mumbled, no luck finding him around the apartment until realising he hadn't yet woken up.

Then again, it is only 7. I'm used to the early starts because of school, though I would kill for a lie in.

Not today though. Though to anyone else, his instructions were extremely vague, I understood.

"Tomorrow. You know..."

When the team began drifting apart, I still made a point of finding each of the members individually in order to discuss some things with them. It wasn't until a month or so after their drifting they started pushing me away as their coach, so they still gave me the time of day for a while before doing so. There was always this one spot, a bank overlooking the river, that Midorima would sit on after going on his morning run.

All I decided to wear was a long sleeved black shirt, an old baseball jersey from Vinny's friend as an outer layer. It was white with two thick black lines at the bottom. It was a plain outfit, a pair of black leggings to finish it and my hair slicked back with a black headband.

I waited around for a while, making myself a drink before deciding to head off and make my way to the spot.

I wrote a quick note and left it on the kitchen counter, explaining what I was up to so Aito doesn't panic.

I slipped on my black trainers and took the spare key before heading out, locking up behind me, putting my headphones in and walking off. 

After walking for a while, the nerves began to kick in. It only just started to occur to me that I have no idea what he said that for... I just assumed he wanted to talk, at least to be on good terms. Now I realise I could be completely wrong. What if he's just going to have a go at me or some shit. No. That's not like him... is it? It might not have been in the past but they all changed- what the hell am I to expect!

Before I knew it, my train of thoughts was cut off and I stood at the bank. I shook my head and rubbed my face a few times before walking down and sitting on the grass gently.

I stared out over the water, listening to my music before a soft rustling came from beside me, a pair of legs seen extending forwards on the grass as someone sat down.

I quickly stopped my music and draped the headphones around my neck before turning my head slightly.

"Hey." I said casually, trying to hide any signs of my previous worry.

"I didn't come here to apologise." He said bluntly, still looking forward.

"I gathered." I huffed as I pulled my knees to my chest, "you've never been one for apologies."

He hummed and nodded, "but I do feel bad." He added.

My eyes widened, I turned my head so I was now resting my cheek on my knees and looking at Midorima.