RIPTIDE

[Riptide by Vance Joy]

I was scared of dentists and the dark

Kenny Omega: I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversation

"I was so scared to talk to you at first", it was early morning (in your opinion, anyway) and you both were just laying in bed, too comfortable in each other's arms when Kenny confessed this to you, the sun quietly rising, bathing you two in it's golden light. You simply looked at him, wanting him to say more about it. "I don't know. I'm just, not the most sociable person, as you know and I didn't exactly know how to start a conversation with you. You were, just so pretty, I guess and, I-I don't know." He quietly chucked to himself, scratching his head. A smile graced your lips, and you snuggled yourself closer to him. "Don't worry, I thought you were pretty cool from the start."

Oh, all my friends are turning green

Hangman Page: You're the magician's assistant in their dreams

"Why do you keep on looking at me like that?" You asked your boyfriend, Adam Page, glancing at him from across the little wooden table on your porch, setting down your Switch down on the furniture, rain calmly falling in the background. "Oh sorry, I just- you know you're really pretty, right? I feel like I haven't told you that in a long time." You blushed shaking your head. "Shut up." you said quietly. "Hey, I'm serious, I'm a lucky son of a gun for sure." "You're the one surrounded by pretty and really healthy and fit girls, Page." You muttered at him. "Yeah but you're still prettier than all of them. Flower, everyone around you is in love with you. You fricking mesmerize them, flower."

Oh

Oh and they come unstuck

Lady, running down to the riptide

Taken away to the dark side

I wanna be your left hand man

I love you when you're singing that song and

I got a lump in my throat 'cause

You're gonna sing the words wrong

Is this movie that I think you'll like

This guy decides to quit his job and heads to New York City

This cowboy's running from himself

And she's been living on the highest shelf

Oh

Oh and they come unstuck

Lady, running down to the riptide

Taken away to the dark side

I wanna be your left hand man

Matt Jackson: I love you when you're singing that song and

You woke up to a sharp elbow to your lower back, you turned against the window you were facing and instead faced Matt. "Hey babe, you okay?" you asked him. His face was all sweaty and red and just looked uncomfortable in general, he didn't even notice you shift right next to him. "Ah crap, did I wake you up? I'm sorry" he apologized. You replied with a quick "yeah" before asking him again why he looked so tense in the middle of the night. "Just had a bad dream is all, sweetie, nothing to worry about" he waved it off but you weren't having it. "Do you wanna talk about it or is the something I can do to help you calm down?" You asked him. He hesitated for a moment before asking you to sing lovely songs for him. "Thank you sweetie, that really helps. I love you so much."

I got a lump in my throat 'cause

You're gonna sing the words wrong

I just wanna, I just wanna know

If you're gonna, if you're gonna stay

I just gotta, I just gotta know

I can't have it, I can't have it any other way

Nick Jackson: I swear she's destined for the screen

Nick watched you having your match against Toni Storm backstage. He was very busy with Ring of Honor, New Japan and all the other wrestling promotions him and Matt work for, along with Being the Elite but him being the amazing boyfriend that he is, made time for your championship match for the World of Stardom Championship and immediately booked a flight to Yokohama, Japan as soon as the news broke out. He smiled as he watched you on the screen wrestling, you really were made for wrestling. You, of course won and Nick was the first person to congratulate you as soon as you go to the back, "Hey cupcake, you did great out there. You were made to be a wrestler, you know that?"

Closest thing to Michelle Pfeiffer that you've ever seen, oh

Lady, running down to the riptide

Taken away to the dark side

I wanna be your left hand man

I love you when you're singing that song and

I got a lump in my throat 'cause

You're gonna sing the words wrong

Oh lady, running down to the riptide

Taken away to the dark side

I wanna be your left hand man

I love you when you're singing that song and

I got a lump in my throat 'cause

You're gonna sing the words wrong

Oh lady, running down to the riptide

Taken away to the dark side

I wanna be your left hand man

I love you when you're singing that song and

I got a lump in my throat 'cause

You're gonna sing the words wrong

I got a lump in my throat because you're gonna sing the words wrong

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hi guys, I just made a cover shop and I would really appreciate it you guys checked it out and maybe even requested a cover if you need it.

Also, tell me what you guys think about this chapter, if you guys would like more song based "preferences" like these so I'll continue making them or stop if you don't like them. I know they're kinda crossing the one shot/drabble line but- so yeah! please leave your thoughts down below.

Another thing, I'm changing Nick's "how you meet" to Marty's just so it's all kinda at the same timeline like maybe 2016-2017-ish because originally, Nick's meeting scenario was that he meet you while he was scouting talent for aew but not anymore!

I hope you guys are well though, I love y'all, thank you so much for taking time out of y'all's day and reading my books.

-darling