fourteen

an hour later - april 10, 2020

"lets get our drink on," sylvia tells me, a wide grin present on her lips as we make our way out of the hospital.

"i'm so ready to finally let loose," i tell her, a deep sigh leaving my lips as we climb into a cab.

we're not stupid enough to drive drunk, y'all - chill.

"me, too, girlie," she says, her hand on my knee as she looks out the window. "and who better to get drunk with than your work best friend?"

"exactly," i tell her, humming softly as i look down at my phone.

1 new message from billie

i lock my phone and stuff it into my jacket pocket, humming a random tune to myself as we pull up in front of a bar.

"i didn't even know this place opened this early," i say, looking at the clock on the dashboard of the cab - 11:34AM.

"neither did i," sylvia says with a slight laugh, grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the cab after paying the fare. "lets have fun!"

"i'm off tomorrow, so i can literally go all night," i tell her, a grin speeding scores my lips as we make our way into the bar.

the old-west themed room was large and dark. scattered round tables with empty whiskey and tequila bottles as centerpieces made the walk to the actual counter complex. sylvia orders six grey goose, and six shots of fireball whiskey, and then two love potion cocktails.

she's going hard today.

we sit down at one of the round tables and i place my phone beside me. one by one, the shots of hard liquor disappear, and my cheeks feel warm. i can feel the burning of the liquor in my throat, even after what seems like five minutes after i took the last shot of fireball.

the strong cinnamon flavor made my head spin, and the laughter spilling from sylvia's lips was all the more funnier as she struggled to even get a word out.

"wait," i say over the loud music, my eyes feeling heavy as i point at the woman. "i have a really funny joke."

"hit me with it," she says, her eyes glossed over slightly as she leans forward, her arms crossed on the table.

"why did the hipster burn his mouth on his coffee?" i ask with a giggle, my head feeling light as my vision became blurred.

"why?" sylvia's eyes got wide as the nurse in her gets worried.

"because he drank it before it was cool," i say, my head leaning back as i cackle, my hand slapping the table.

as i come down from my laughing fit, my phone rings on the table. i laugh at how the phone moves slightly as it vibrates before picking it up and holding it to my ear.

"hello?" i yell over the music, and i can hear the person on the other end sigh.

"gwen?"

"this is her, who's this?" i slur, shoving my hand through my loose hair. "if this is some kind of stalker - bro, i literally have nothing interesting about my life, so you can kindly fuck off."

"i'm not a stalker," the voice says with a slight laugh, "are you alright, baby?"

"i'm okay," i say, my eyebrows furrowing as her words register in my brain. "i'm not your baby - wait, who even is this?"

"its billie," she says, and a lightbulb forms over my head.

"oh, billie!" i shout over the phone, making sylvia give me a funny look. "i just saw you like an hour ago."

"that you did, mama," she says calmly before another sigh leaves her lips. "where are you?"

"i'm safe," i sat shortly, my eye dropping in a wink as sylvia looks at me. "i'm safe and sound with good drinks," i take a sip of my love potion cocktail and hum.

"send me your location, gwen," billie says though the phone, and i let out a soft groan.

"i don't want to leave yet." i whine, my foot stomping on the ground like a child.

"i'm coming to get you, and we can come back to mine and we can have more drinks here, okay?" she says, and i can practically see her pretty blue eyes sparkling in that hot lighting.

"sounds sexy," i say lowly, and my tongue darts out to wet my lips. "i'm down - sending location now."

i hang up the phone and down the rest of the love potion, a slight smirk dancing across my lips as i look at sylvia. "i'm about to get some, bihh," i stick my tongue out at her before slapping some money on the table and making my way out of the bar, standing on the curb to wait for billie.

a/n

i don't remember writing this chapter