twenty

may 7, 2020                                                                                                                             three hours later

billie
are you off yet
read 10:32pm

billie
gwendolyn 
read 11:01pm

missed call from billie

billie
you're scaring me
read 11:29pm

calling billie...

i press my hand to my forehead as i sit in the parking lot of a bar downtown, labored breaths leaving my lips as the high from whatever was in my system escapes.

i wonder if i can drive like this.

"gwendolyn? jesus christ, you scared the fuck out of me! where have you been?"

the shrill screeching of her worried voice caused me to pull the phone from my ear slightly, listening to her rant about how she was worried that i'd been kidnaped and murdered or some shit.

"billie, i'm fine," i insist, speaking slowly. i tried not to let the slurred speech give away my intoxication, my hand turning the key to start the beat up car. "i'm on my-" i hiccup into the phone with a soft giggle, my eyes rolling back slightly as a sudden sleepiness took over. "i'm on my way, babe."

its so silent on the phone that i'm sure she hung up, but the light on my phone indicates the call was in fact still active.

"where are you?" she asks after a few moments, and i hear shuffling on her side of the phone.

"i told you, i'm on my way," i say as i full the seatbelt over my chest, fastening it clumsily before rubbing my makeup covered eyes. "i'll be there in 30, tops."

with that, i hang up the phone and toss it into the passenger side, shifting the car into drive.

thirty five minutes later, i'm pulling up outside of billie's house safely. i put the car in park and turn the car off, lifting my arms as if to celebrate but no sound left my dry lips.

lips. soft lips.

i wanna kiss billie.

grabbing my phone from the passenger seat, i stumble out of the car and to the front door, lazily knocking three times. i stuff my phone into the pocket of my black denim jacket and pull the bottom of my dress down slightly.

after what feels like hours of standing outside, i just decide to walk in to the house, the slight stumble in my step being the only indication that i was inebriated.

i make my way to her bedroom, a soft hum leaving my lips as i walk in and slam the door behind me, falling onto the bed lazily. beside me lies a surprised billie, he eyes wide and her lips looking plump and kissable as ever.

"where have you been?" she asks me, her hands moving to cup my cheeks. "how did you get here?"

"i drove," i told her, looking up at her with wide eyes. "you look hot."

"are you drunk?" she asks me, her eyebrows furrowing as she frowns.

"i'm not," i shake my head slightly, the palms of her hands still on my warm cheeks. "i drove safely."

"where were you?" she asks me, her fingers moving up to massage my scalp.

i close my eyes at the sensation, a low hum leaving my lips. "i went to the bar for a bit, and had a few glasses of pop - there was a really nice guy there, he told me i was pretty."

"did he?" she asks with raised eyebrows, a look of concern flashing across her features.

"yeah," i reply, my green eyes looking into her blue ones under the red lighting. "you're giving me big daddy vibes."

she lets out a soft laugh at my words, her hands trailing down to massage my shoulders as i lay beside her. "oh, yeah?"

i hum in response, my eyes rolling back slightly as she pulls me into her lap, my legs on either side of her hips.

"well," she says, her hands gripping onto my hips firmly. "it's your birthday, and you deserve to have a little fun."

"really?" i ask her, my face buryed in her neck as i speak. "are you gonna make me have fun?"

"only if you want to, baby," she murmurs, her plump lips pressing to my jaw as her hands move down to my ass. "and only if you promise me you'll spend the night."

"i promise."