Thirsteen

It’s been about two weeks since that night.

Nothing happened I swear we just cuddled in blankets and i’ve found that we’ve got into the habit of cuddling and movies lately because ever since that night Luke has either been here or i’ve spent a few good days at Luke’s.

My mum has been flying around on business trips this past break, she usually does Ashton and I have gotten used to it so we take care of each other.

Speaking of Ash where is that monkey?

“ASH WHERE IS YOU HOLLA AT ME IF YOU IS HOME, HOMIE!” I belt

Before you ask, it may not be a sibling thing but it’s an Ashton and I type of thing.

When either of us need something we yell in different accents

He didn’t answer which was weird since I could’ve sworn he was here earlier

I go downstairs to check and to my surprise I see Luke sitting on the mahogany wood stool leaning against the kitchen counter with a grin as wide as this house, talking to Ashton

Oh my god.

I don’t know to whether to scream because Luke just heard me or that this is the Ashton is talking to someone that came to see me without telling me.

“Oh Hi, I-I um didn’t know you were here,” I kept my eyes locked on the floor as if something interesting was carved into the wood below my feet.

“Sorry Rey, I let him in and we just started talking and I forgot to tell you he was here.”Ashton held eye contact for a split second then to divert his eyes to the door as if he was hoping someone came to his rescue.

An uncomfortable silence appeared until Luke cleared his throat and took my hand and led me upstairs.

“Nice talking to you Ashton” He said waving off as we went up each stair

I pulled a 360 and shut the door and turned back to see Luke on my bed with his tall frame making my bed look like one of those barbie doll props.

Long legs peeking out onto the hardwood floor, arms spread out.

With this position I would probably be to fit into one position without being utterly shattered by his built frame.

“Tired?” I questioned raising a brow in curiousity

“Me? Phhh nahhh pshhhh maybe.” He uttered

Lately, Calum has been bothering me. How could he manipulate me into thinking he’s interested, only to completely ditch me. The thought of him causes my stomach to churn and not even the thought of Luke in my room, close to me can save me from the pit in my stomach. Something tells me that there is more to the story than Calum and Luke are telling me. If I know Luke, he is more on the guilty side than innocent of everything, which I have learned to admire rather than despise. At least he isn’t hurting anybody, right?

Luke walks and stands by me while I am too bothered by the thought of Calum lying straight to my face to acknowledge it. After a while, we prop ourselves on the couch next to each other and I make Luke watch a chick flick, the way his face twitches in discomfort makes me laugh and we end up watching some stupid action movie, making me constantly smile  at how content Luke looks. We are both about to fall asleep when I hear my phone buzz, I put it on vibrate so it wouldn’t ruin this “perfect” night. My heart stops when I read who it’s from, and I hope Luke doesn’t notice the same discomfort in me that he felt when he was watching the chick flick,but in reality I know he’s secretly enjoying it.

From: Calum Hood

Call me.