(Four)teen

Luke sees my distinct reaction when I read the text from Calum, and I tell him that Ashton told me to remember to do the laundry.

I bet that Luke thinks I am teasing him, when in reality I am trying to escape him to call Calum.

As much as I hate Calum right now, I have a lot of unanswered questions and i’ve been too afraid to reach out to him.

I walk into the laundry room, leaving Luke alone, which didn’t bother him as much as it probably should have. For once, I’m happy Luke didn’t follow me into the room right next to him.

I call Calum, ignoring my willpower which I thought was strong. It only takes 2 rings before he answers and I’m shocked at his quick answer to me knowing it’s now been 25 minutes since he texted me.

“BAAAAAABEE,” he says, and I can hear shot glasses being thrown at the wall in the background.

“You know, I’m not actually evil. Lukey pookey was going to win you anyways, so I let him have you.” I hear murmurs in the background, and I can tell its Michael.

“What the…..” Michael says, but I don’t let him finish that and I hang up on Calum.

I didn’t say a word to him for this entire conversation, my mouth was wide open in awe of how dumb I was to think that he was actually calling me for the right reasons.

But, I knew that Luke and Calum were hiding the truth of the girl they fought over from me.

I walk back to Luke with tears in my eyes and he knows exactly who called and how he said it.

“I’m so sorry”

Luke looks up at my fragile face, examining it. He knows that he just messed up a perfect movie night.

He tells me everything, turns out that the girl that he and Calum both liked was a prop in a stupid bet of theirs. She wasn’t easy to impress, so they both vowed that they would get her to go on a date with one of them before the end of the week. Whoever got the girl to say yes first won, and this was all for only $20. Is that really how much they thought she was worth?

And guess who won??

Luke.

But Calum couldn’t bear losing so he proposed another and Luke wasn’t stupid enough to fall for it until weeks later when he developed an interest in someone.

That someone was me.

“He knew I liked you and he was gonna try to get you into bed because he lost the bet so if I won the bet he would leave you alone.” He explained in a shushed tone

“I’m s-orry baby I’ve ruined everything once again.”

Why couldn’t I get one night without drama, Luke stood up to touch me but I jerked my arm away and grabbed my phone, put my jacket on I slammed the door and started walking till I heard another pair of feet behind me follow me out into the street.

“ RENEE IRWIN I WILL NOT LOSE YOU AGAIN.” Luke yelled

“Luke you’re gonna wake up the entire block!”I warned him

“I care about you not these fucking neighbors and I will not lose you to Calum I refuse it to be that reason. You deal with so much of my shit and it’s because you are and I know that you say you don’t but I know you do because you wouldn’t be standing here, you would be in your car off somewhere taking a drag.” He spoke with a shake in his voice

I look at him with furred eyebrows and a hurt heart.

“How do you-”I got cut off before I can finish the sentence

“Your bag. You left them and they were peaking out.” He said plainly without any expression

“That’s my business not yours.” I said a little too quickly

“Hey like I said we all have a past. Mine isn’t the cleanest either” He barely spoke out

“Don’t pin this on me Luke Hemmings, you know what you did and I’m not the one who ruined a perfect evening. I’m not the  one who manipulated a girl into love, and happened to catch feelings. I’m not----”

“W-What did you just say?”

I think back to what I said, and I know what I just did.

I confessed my love for Luke Hemmings.

Thank you Ella for helping me right this :) and to those reading sorry it's so short