1. New Normal

Adolpha sighed to herself as she flipped a pancake

Adolpha sighed to herself as she flipped a pancake. It had been a very eventful week. Since her issues with Caius on Sunday; she had cried and then promptly reminded herself that she was an independent woman who survived well enough without him before and could certainly do it again. (Or at least, that was what she told herself whenever her heart began to ache in her chest). She had also spent a lot of time with Marcus whose calm and gentle approach to life calmed her, it was thanks to him that she had been allowed to go shopping in Florence for a new wardrobe. She'd taken Heidi with her- a vampire who she had grown to quite like. It was Heidi who eventually showed Adolpha where the kitchens were and the wolf stopped being the trapped princess and started taking back some independence once more.

A ringing caught her attention as she began to eat her pancake rather animal-like and for a long time- she couldn't fathom where it was coming from. And then it hit her like a tonne of bricks that it was coming from her pocket. Almost laughing at her own stupidity- Adolpha pulled the phone easily from the pocket of her new and expensive jeans, pulling it to her ear. The phone was also a new development, but one that she was quite happy about as it enabled her to speak to her brother- whom she previously hadn't spoken to in over a month.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Dol. It's me" Conri stated calmly though there was a certain absentmindedness in his voice that gave her a clear indication that she didn't have his full undivided attention; strange considering he had phoned her.

"What can I do for you, dear brother? Or did you just phone me so that you can hear me breathe?" she teased after a long moment of silence as she placed her plate easily in the dishwasher and exited the room swiftly.

"We are all currently waiting at an airport. We will be there by morning" he informed and she blinked in shock as she walked down the freezing cold corridor. Adolpha had quickly learnt that most of the castle was freezing cold aside from Caius' chambers which had been heated for some unknown reason.

"W-what? Not that I don't want to see you, of course, it is just-- Sudden" she offered, still as confused as ever though her heart could not help but lighten at the sound of it. They were on their way to see her. The wolf pack never failed to warm her heart- they were her family.

"We will have to fill you in on the details when we get there. Just know that the Blues desperately need their Beta. Chann is looking forward to seeing you. I hope your new boyfriend doesn't rip him a new one" Conri teased.

"Yeah well my imprint is less 'new boyfriend' and more 'happily married to someone else'" Adolpha hummed and heard her brothers shocked return.

"Wait, Nah. Seriously?" he laughed loudly. "You have no luck do you, little sister?"

"Loving your brotherly concern, Con"

"Yeah, of course. Don't worry, human Alpha Conri will get right on beating up the immortal vampire king when I see him" he chuckled in bitter response. "Can you pass me to Aro? They might want to know that we're on our way."

"Sure thing, Brother" she hummed calmly though inside, she was instantly stressed because she knew where Aro was; the man was currently residing in the Throne Room with his brother who Adoplha had no interest in seeing anytime soon. Though, she composed herself and promised to be strong as she flung the Throne room doors open. The sight in front of her quickly distracted her from the blond king whose head snapped up to face her the second she arrived. "Um, okay. Ew. They're having some creepy vampire blood orgy but Aro is here"

"Adolpha" Aro greeted calmly, chuckling and ignoring what she had said. She had caught them in the middle of their feeding time though she easily danced around the bodies that littered the floor- being sure to not ruin her new boots as she reached the podium. She was proud to say that her features remained passive even with the blank red stare pf Caius cutting through the side of her head.

"Hi, my brother wants to speak to you" she hummed and handed him the phone. Aro took the device awkwardly and pressed it to his ear as Adolpha turned her attention to the general littering of dead bodies that spread across the pretty marble floor. "Charming"

"Conri" Aro greeted charmingly. "...Oh, you are? ...How absolutely wonderful. We look forward to having you. How many shall we expect?... And your flight times?.... Brilliant, I am sure Adolpha is very much looking forward to seeing you... Yes, we will send the guards to collect you when you arrive. Thank you... Goodbye now... Yes, Goodbye." he finished and handed the phone back to Adolpha who was waiting patiently, though wanting nothing more than to leave already and get away from Caius' furious glare.

"Great, now the castle is going to have a dog infestation. They better be housebroken" Caius hissed, though he expected more of a response from Adolpha. The Blue Pack Betacompletelyy ignored him as she exited the room, uncaring about the dead bodies spread across the floor.

"That's no way to a woman's heart, Brother" Aro mocked.

"Good, I wasn't looking for one."