4. The Problem

Adolpha Blackwood blinked slightly expectantly as she looked between the group of werewolves that she had missed so much over the past month and a half

Adolpha Blackwood blinked slightly expectantly as she looked between the group of werewolves that she had missed so much over the past month and a half. They were all sat rather peacefully in the library of Caius Volturi though there was an air of suspense looming over them; Adolpha knew that the leader of Blue Pack wasn't visiting merely because it was almost her birthday and their nervous expressions just added to her sense of unease.

"We have a problem" Conri began and Adolpha rose her eyebrow incredulously at the obviousness of the statement.

"That was implied, Big Brother" she snipped and he chuckled before reaching into the backpack that he had brought with him- The size of the bag was indication enough that they would not be staying very long but Adolpha could not blame them for that, the full moon grew closer every day and they would certainly not spend their moon trapped in the dungeons with her. The Alpha pulled out a file and handed it to her, the Beta rose an eyebrow before her eyes flashed downward to look over the paper in her hands.

"Jeez, you could have given me an eighteen plus warning" she scoffed as she scanned the pictures within, before her were some crime scene photographs of some very dead, brutally butchered Blue Pack lesser members. "The Crescents" she hummed, rolling her eyes as she saw the familiar marking in the wall. The Blues and the Crescents had been in competition since the beginning though The Crescents aged where the Blues did not and therefore, the Blue wolves had to face a fresh batch of them every couple of years. "So, we are down five members"

"Yes, but look at this Dol. They didn't just kill our guys. Crescents butchered them." Kurt implored and she continued to flick through the gruesome imagery.

"This is them inciting war" Conri tapped and Adolpha sighed.

"What are we doing about it?"

"We've got some of the scouts out to round up allies. There's a wolf pack not far from here but they remain very hidden. I thought you and Chann could trek out there tomorrow? You're the master manipulator little sister." Conri quipped and she nodded along.

"We have to keep this top-secret, Dol. No pack is going to help us if they know that you're living with the Volturi. The Volturi have torn through packs for centuries, they're all living in hiding now. And the vamps can't know about this. The second they do; they'll shred up our allies and enemies. Blues are the only ones with a treaty and that's because we have mutated." Kurt informed her and she sighed sadly, knowing that it wasn't going to be easy. Nothing was ever easy for her and every time she thought she had escaped the difficulty- it followed her. Regardless, they were her family and she would do anything to help them, to save them.

"Another potential problem." Lou smiled solemnly. "All five bodies were drained of blood."

"What?" Adolpha blinked in shock.

"There were vampires involved. They wouldn't have drunk the blood- Vamps don't drink wolf blood, apparently, it tastes like shit to them, I don't know. But they've drained the bodies, clearly as some screwed up mark that they were there. They want us to know that The Crescents have teamed up." Chann informed her.

"You don't think...?"

"Your vamp boyfriend?" Chann quipped. "Why not? The Volturi are the only ones with vendetta's against the packs."

"No" Adolpha returned. "It doesn't make any sense. They wouldn't side with The Crescents- a rival rogue pack to take out the Blues- A pack that I am a part of, and that they have an allegiance with. It's ridiculous Chann, even you know that. This is the work of someone else." Adolpha defended.

"Regardless, we still don't know why they are doing this but they're tearing the way through the Blues, I have most of them staying at the house but you're not allowed to leave here, we need your help and we were thinking..." Conri coughed awkwardly.

"What?"

"Take these to your vampires" Lou ushered, holding the photographs into her hand. "Don't tell them anything about it but we need to know if they recognise this work and this symbol" she pestered, pointing to the insignia painted lazily onto the wall in the photograph beside the Crescent sign.

"This is top secret stuff, Dol. But if anyone will recognise it; it's them. We have maybe until this moon to get this shit done. That's when they'll come. You know that that's the way." Conri nodded.

"Two weeks to build an army. It's not a great situation." Kurt sighed, shaking his head.

"But there are vampires involved. If you are positive that the Volturi aren't behind this. You can involve them. They can side with us, they're allies. They have to. And they won't let you wander into war with the packs without help. The other side has vamps, one hundred per cent" Conri nodded but Adolpha was shaking her head before they even got to the end of the speech.

"No, I won't have them walk into war with us, Con. Wolves are savage- they will happily tear them to pieces if they get in the way. This is our fight." she sighed.

"Just see what you can get from them, Adolpha" Kurt ushered. "Then you can decide on whether or not to involve them. We don't know anything yet. Other than that there will be a fight. And we need to be prepared for when that is. They will fight on a full moon, we are weakest throughout the rest of the month- in human form, but they are too. Wolf instinct with insight war when the time comes."